Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Premium account not working!

Solved!

Premium account not working!

Hi!

I pay for a premium account, but for some
Reason when I'm trying to play tracks on my iPhone it says I need a premium account to do so...

I'm confused!!

Also I'm training for a half Marathon in a few weeks and can't do it without my music!!! Please help!!!!

Vicky

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

You'll just need to restart the subscription yes - we don't automatically restart the subscription just when you enter new card details.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

View solution in original post

13 Replies

It looks like we weren't able to take the payment on your account this month (the system says it's an expired card) so your account has reverted back to free.

Just head over to http://www.spotify.com/account/subscription/ and make sure all your details are correct and up-to-date.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

Hello,

i'm trying to make spottify work again for about 3 weeks but sofar no reply. the problem is: i forgot my password and the email adress in my account is wrong ( type mismatch, it says xxx but it should be xxx).

so i can't change my password because the email is wrong and i can't change my email because i forgot my password.

help??

Fritz Winkelman

username: fritziew for th premium account

Hey Frtiz, I've removed your personal details from that post - but it should be all dealt with now. Let me know if you need anything else.

THANK U! i'm a happy man!

Fritz

Hi richard

Thank you!! I have updated the card details as the card had expired. However it says that no payment has been taken therefore I'm still using free spotify. How can I make the payment go through for this month so I can continue as a premium customer? Do I need to sign up again?

Thank you!!!
Marked as solution

You'll just need to restart the subscription yes - we don't automatically restart the subscription just when you enter new card details.

Thank you so much for your quick responses!!! No excuse not to go for a run today now!!

Have a good one. I could certainly do with some motivation to get running myself.

Hello! I have a similar problem. I have been on a holiday for two weeks. but I did not bring my phone. when I was home and log on spotify I could not play any songs. it just said its only for premium users. but I have premium.. Do you now what to do?

johannaallden - It seems that your last payment was unable to be made. You may need to ensure that funds are within your account, and check the following things -

1. Your card must not have expired. If you have received a new card, please update your card details on your Subscription page: https://www.spotify.com/account/subscription/

2. The country set in your Spotify account profile must match the country where your card is registered. If you intend to use a payment method in another country, you can make this selection on your Subscription page (We can only accept payment from our launch countries).

3. Your card should be enabled for e-commerce transactions (Verified by Visa/Mastercard securecard card).

4. Your card must be open to be used for foreign purchases.

5. There are some banks that require other security authentifications, the most common one being 3DSecure.

Airhorn Enthusiast

Hi,

I activated the 30 day trial, and on spotify.com my status says premium - but I can't do any premium stuff on my iPad or Windows PC because it's saying that I don't have a premium subscription. What's wrong?

Thanks!

As a long time user of Spotify for over 3 years I am quite disappointed that this service is now not working as expected.

I just paid for my upgrade from unlimited to premium - my account  subscription page says I have Premium BUT my Spotify client says unlimited and my iPad says I need a Premium account to play the content - meaning I can't play songs on my iPad. I am Premium member not getting premium features.

.. and Yes, I have logged out, shut down all my Spotify applications and restarted, rinsed and repeated the cycle several times .. and nothing!!

If I sound bitter its cause I am - the world of Premium doesn't seem all that .. well .. Premium!

Spotify please fix this asap!

Mr. not at my happy place

It seems there's a lot of threads related to this - We are currently investigating the issues that have occurred on September 11th, 2012.

I will lock this thread, and will keep this thread updated - http://community.spotify.com/t5/Accounts-Subscriptions-and-Music/Spotify-premium-doesn-t-work/td-p/3...

Airhorn Enthusiast

Suggested posts