NEXT STEP

Premium account on PC but not on Pixel 4a

Premium account on PC but not on Pixel 4a

Plan

Premium

Country

UK

Device

Desktop Pc with Win 10. Purchased Premium and using web player, logged in with Google account

Pixel 4a with Android version 11 only recognises Spotify free version, this is after deleting data, clearing cache, uninstalling.
Switching off phone followed by restart. Download fresh app log in with same Google account as PC.

Any assistance would be appreciated with the phone as a Premium account

premiumpayment.png
3 Replies

Try logging in with your username instead of your email and see if that helps

Hey @Gareth_Penn and @A-teamLLC

Thanks for posting - we’re here to help!        

In case your account overview page shows that you're being charged for Premium, but you see a free account after logging in on a different device you might be logged in to the wrong account. It's possible to create multiple Spotify accounts, each with their own login details, saved music, and subscription plans. 

Check to see if you have any other accounts.  

As @A-teamLLC suggests it's also a good idea to try logging in using either your email address or username instead of the option to log in via Google. 

Let us know how you get on! We'll be here in case you need any further help with this. 

Thanks for the reply, I have found the solution.

Cleared data and app from phone.
Downloaded and installed app
Instead of 'Logon with Google' clicked on 'sign in with email'
Spotify sent verification email, used phone to open email and click on link.
Phone linked to same Premium account as web player.

All sorted.
The only thing I can think of is that I had the free app on the phone for a couple of weeks before going premium and putting on the PC. Although with the same gmail account the data was not held on the phone but on the cloud or server somewhere , always remembered the phone settings. It needed the email work around to break that link.

Suggested posts