Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Premium account stolen, still no reply from customer support

Solved!

Premium account stolen, still no reply from customer support

So, when I finally decide to subscribe to the Premium subscription I get my account stolen 1 day after using it. The email address has been changed, the password has been changed and my Facebook account has been completely unlinked, so I'm completely locked out of my account now, who knows if it still exists and hasn't been deleted by the hacker yet.

I tried contacting Spotify using this contact form, this email address, and the @Spotifycares Twitter account. I still haven't gotten any response from the contact form nor the email address, not even a confirmation email, which is pretty disappointing for a customer support service. The Twitter account, when asked for help in several ways, just sent me the previous contact form in a DM, over and over, even when I said I had already tried using it.

I planned to listen to some music today, but that wasn't the case. I didn't even get any kind of support besides someone sending me the same link 3 times in a row on Twitter. If this doesn't get solved, I'm moving to Google Play Music.

photo_2017-09-11_22-59-25.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I used a new account with another email, and now I've been replied to. After that, I sent ownership proof for the account and they quickly reset the email to the original one. Thank you for your attention.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hey @mp126!

So glad to hear you have control back of your original account 🙂

Thanks for updating me, it has been a pleasure to help you.

If you ever need help with anything else let me know!

Thanks.

Robert_WRock Star 11
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Hi @mp126,

When you contacted Spotify did you use the same email address as the one linked to your Spotify account?

Also, you can contact Spotify this way (which will not use any account details):

https://support.spotify.com/contact-spotify-anonymous/

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add a Like! 

Robert_WRock Star 11

Hi @DefaOne. I tried using the same email address that was registered to my account before the hacker changed the account's email. Yes, I've already tried using that contact form multiple times, and I even linked it on my original post. Since then, I have received no real solution to my problem, only people linking me to that same contact form over and over again.

Hey @mp126,

Thanks for your reply.

I have been in touch with the Spotify team and they confirmed that a reply was sent, however since you say you have not recieved anything back from them, could I ask you to check your spam/junk folders. As it may have snuck past that way.

If after that you still cannot find the email Spotify have an official Portuguese Support team. They can be reached on Twitter or Facebook at @SpotifyAjuda or via email here.

I will be right here in case you have anymore questions 🙂

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add a Like! 

Robert_WRock Star 11
Marked as solution

I used a new account with another email, and now I've been replied to. After that, I sent ownership proof for the account and they quickly reset the email to the original one. Thank you for your attention.

Marked as solution

Hey @mp126!

So glad to hear you have control back of your original account 🙂

Thanks for updating me, it has been a pleasure to help you.

If you ever need help with anything else let me know!

Thanks.

Robert_WRock Star 11

Suggested posts