Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Premium account stopped working after six months

Premium account stopped working after six months

I've had Spotify Premium for several months now, but today it completely dropped me and claims that I'm now a Spotify Free user, despite Premium functioning perfectly well last night. What is happening? Will I have to sign up for Premium again? Is this a glitch in the system? I am very confused.

e: To clarify, I've been using Spotify Premium since about June/July 2013, have been using it daily on both my phone, my tablet and my desktop (until the desktop broke in November). Last night around 1 AM I played an album several times without issue, but at 2PM today, I noticed I could no longer play full albums on my phone without shuffling them, along with a green button on my sidebar that I'd never seen before advertising for Premium. Logging out and logging back in doesn't solve anything. Even my account page here claims I have Spotify Free. I have no idea what might have changed.

4 Replies

Hi. Can you check your account overview to see what it shows under Subscription Status?

Yes, it says I'm using Spotify Free.

Either the last payment didn't go through - you can check this here or you have logged in with the incorrect details and created a second, free, account in which case logging out and back in using your facebook credentials or spotify username (whichever is right) should get going.

If you still have problems, use the online contact form and someone at Spotify can help get this sorted. If you get an automated response directing you back to the community or to the help pages, make sure to reply to it directly to speed things along.

Thank you for your help. Neither suggestion worked, so I am taking it to the contact page.

Suggested posts