Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Premium doesn't work!!

Solved!

Premium doesn't work!!

I just upgraded to Spotify Premium today.

The problem is that it doesn't work. On my mobile-phone it just still says "The track is only available for Premium users."

And YES, I have already tried the "clean reinstallation" several times but it just still doesn't seem to work.

46 Replies
Marked as solution

This doesn't make sense at all. I have purchased got a receipt. My account is still on free and I can't listen to tracks on my android app. What is going on? Do not fob me off with some wait 12 hour crap. Did you wait 12 hours to take my money?..... No, so I shouldn't have to wait 12 hours for you to fix your service.

May help if your having problems with the desktop version > or try this then it MIGHT work of your phone etc:

Click on Edit >Prefences >Scroll down to Cache, Right click and copy the path to the cache folder >Click start >and Paste the path in  the search bar >Once in the Cache folder, SIGN OUT/EXIT the Spotify client >Delete everything from the folder.

Then just load up the Spotify client and you SHOULD now have the Premium status at the top of the screen and the upgrade button should no longer be there.

I had this problem about 30mins ago, on the desktop version and it worked.

Hope this helps guys.

Jamie.

@user-removed wrote:
This doesn't make sense at all. I have purchased got a receipt. My account is still on free and I can't listen to tracks on my android app. What is going on? Do not fob me off with some wait 12 hour crap. Did you wait 12 hours to take my money?..... No, so I shouldn't have to wait 12 hours for you to fix your service.

I'm not a customer service or Spotify - I'm not related in any way to Spotify Ltd. I'm just a customer like you.

But for now solution is this. However, when you re-install Spotify and install again, all should be up and running!

I can play my Spotify premium on my iPod but not on my desktop (Windows) computer, new issue for me so thanks for help. Already unintalled and reinstalled.

Hi roses050481 - I've just popped your post over to this more relevant thread. I believe we can help from here. 

It seems the Facebook profile you used to register has been disconnected or disabled. Please re-enable that FB so that you can keep using your Premium as normal. 

Decided to upgrade to premium this afternoon, however after uninstalling and reinstalling app many times spotify informs me these features are only available to premium customers! 

Help? 

@Bexxual wrote:

Decided to upgrade to premium this afternoon, however after uninstalling and reinstalling app many times spotify informs me these features are only available to premium customers! 

Help? 

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂

There was some server issues earlier which are still ongoing, the main topic about it is here (where the staff are posting updates).

I would suggest you have a read at and try the steps outlined in this post once it is fixed!

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts