Premium dropped to free? Post Here

Premium dropped to free? Post Here

bruce3519

UPDATE FROM SPOTIFY STAFF:

Hey everyone, we're aware that some of our Premium customers may currently be receiving the Free service instead of Premium. 

We're very sorry about this and we're working hard to solve this as quickly as possible. 

Original user message:

I have Spotify Premium but today it went back to free. I logged onto my account online and saw that I could subscribe to upgrade to premium but when I hit the subscribe button nothing happened. Is this an error with Spotify itself? Is there a number I can call to talk to someone from the company? 

Screen Shot 2015-03-27 at 8.24.11 PM.png
513 Replies

mw2073
I agree should we get a refund or next month free or something?

Snild
Regular

@hiphugr wrote:

Very much the same problem here. The client on both Android and my PC turned Free today. Last billing 28 February, and next billing is 31 March.

Hm...

2015-02-28 + one month = 2015-03-28

2015-02-28 + 30 days = 2015-03-30

Could it be something dumb like that? That clients/authentication calculates expiry different from the website/billing?

donkey1906

I have the same problem! I'm assuming Spotify has a problem with their payments and hasn't managed to pull money from anyone whose account expires in the next few days... Very very annoying at the moment though.

TCRegan
Casual Listener

@Snild wrote:

@hiphugr wrote:

Very much the same problem here. The client on both Android and my PC turned Free today. Last billing 28 February, and next billing is 31 March.

Hm...

2015-02-28 + one month = 2015-03-28

2015-02-28 + 30 days = 2015-03-30

Could it be something dumb like that? That clients/authentication calculates expiry different from the website/billing?

It's a thought. I think - not sure, but THINK that I lost it at midnight almost. I work overnights and I was working when it happened. Pretty sure it happened when the time ticked over from 3.27 to 3.28. If that's the case, your theory makes sense.

What's really frustrating though and makes me think it's an issue with their site, is that all of us apparently have the same useless "Subscribe" button on our accounts, and no way to change our accounts or remove/change billing. Pretty sure we're all happy and willing to pay cause it's a good service, but y'know, just one word from a Spotify employee letting us know what the issue is would go a long way.

I have infinite patience for technical issues. But not knowing what the heck is wrong? That's aggravating.

TCRegan
Casual Listener

editing to remove double post. -_-

Arturmll
Regular

Hey -_- well I want to go Running and my music doesnt work. Why? I dont know. I am Premium User (Student Version) but it seems it stopped working cuz its telling me "get premium". Several months ago i changed from Premium to Student Premium and everything worked fine. Now i cant play Songs on my Phone. Spotifys best solution to this was "relog". Didnt help. So I really would like to enjoy the service I pay for. Thanks

BRIEFLY: I CANT PLAY SONGS ON MY PHONE OFFLINE!

MattSuda
Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

Hey guys,

This problem has been reported and Spotify is currently investigating this. If I hear any updates, I will try to post an update here.

I have also merged similar threads into this one and I tweaked the title so that people with the same problem know to post here.

MattSudaRock Star 24
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

MattSuda
Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

@Arturmll 

Hey, I have merged your thread into this one.

It sounds like you are having the same problem as everyone else that has posted here in this thread.

Is that correct?

MattSudaRock Star 24

mh-spot
Casual Listener

Hi there,

I have a premuim account and it shows this message:

Your pre-paid Premium will end on 2015-03-31. Subscribe to keep the tunes flowing, no need to re-credit your account every month.

I click on subscribe, but nothing happens! On all my spotify apps it thinks I am on free and I can' change anything as it won't work!

Please help!

MH

MattSuda
Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

@mh-spot 

Hello, this problem is currently being looked into. I have merged your post here with all the others so it is easier to track.

MattSudaRock Star 24

dcasburn5150
Have a premium account t for ages. My account loads as free version on all devices. When I click upgrade it tells me I have till 3/29/15 on my premium subscription so I'm stuck on free version. Even though paying for premium. Very annoying as can't skip tracks or play saved tracks.

MattSuda
Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

@dcasburn5150 

Hello, I have moved your post over here with all of the other reports.

This is being looked into. 

MattSudaRock Star 24

utkukazanci

hello,

my latest payment was at 28th february. now at my account overview it says ''Your pre-paid Premium will end on 2015-03-30'' but it has already end. i m free user now but i can not pay for premium, it keeps saying this message. what should i do? 

thank you

MattSuda
Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

@utkukazanci 

Hello, I have moved your post over here with all of the other reports.

MattSudaRock Star 24

Fitzcity

i have been able to use spotify premium for the last 3 months whilst ive been abroad, and now all of a sudden i cant log in, it says that i have been using spotify abroad for more then 14 days.- i cant upgrade my account because i am already a premium member(it says it on my subscription) and have already paid for this month. i have tried resyncing my devices and reinstalling spotify on my iphone aswell as my macbook air.

MattSuda
Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

@Fitzcity 

Hello, I have moved your post over here with all of the other reports. It sounds like you are experiencing the same problem of your account dropping to free even though you have premium.

MattSudaRock Star 24

Casual Listener
My premium isn't working today and Im paid up!! It's so frustrating. I emailed Spotify and they told me to come on here. Any suggestions folks

NottheDroiduLoo
Same here. Premium till 3/30 but free now.
I also had 3gb offline music that i can download again when it'll work again. Pretty annoying as my internet is real slow. Thanks Obama 😞

Casual Listener
Ahhh this is the bane of my life today I need my tunes

emilybound8

I have exactly the same issue, I just emailed Spotify, so hopefully will have a reply soon!

SUGGESTED POSTS