Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Premium during internship abroad

Solved!

Premium during internship abroad

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Germany (currently Japan)

Device

Samsung Galaxy S7

My Question or Issue

Dear community,

after moving to japan for my internship (lasts 6 months and afterwards I am going back to germany) my premium student account got canceled from Spotify. Now I try to get a new one but I am not able to. Spotify does neither take my credit card (DKB) nor my paypal. I would really like to listen to my music and enjoy the premium features but it just doesn't work...

I hope there is a possibility to make it work because I really enjoy the pro's of the premium version. 

Best,

Marc

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello @Bergi92,

Just wanted to jump in with some additional info to what @Luan had already suggested: To use the Premium Student Discount payment country, account country and uni country will all need to match. With that said, if your registered uni is located in Germany your account's country settings need to match that country and you will also have to enter a payment method that was issued in Germany.

In case you've already changed your account's country settings to Japan, you won't be able to reactivate your subscription. You can however get Premium Individual, for the duration of your stay, which you can pay for with Gift Cards.

Hope you'll find this info useful. We'll be right here if you have any other questions 🙂

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Hey, @Bergi92 
Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks for reaching out here!

Could you give me more information about the issue you're experiencing? For how long have you been using the Student discount on your account? And what happens when you try to renew your discount?

Keep me posted!

Kind Regards,

hezorg

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hey Hezorg,

1. My student status is active till start of April, so that shouldn't be the problem.
  2. The Problem is about that my account was beeing canceled by spotify due to the time limited move to japan.
  3. Now I can not reassing for premium because my credit carf and my paypal are not supported for japanese transmissions (I guess) 

Best,

Marc

Hey again, @Bergi92 

Could you try to subscribe to Premium with a payment method issued in Japan and it will be good if you try this with your PC or laptop using the Incognito window of your browser.

It's important because the country of issue of the payment method and the country settings registered in your Spotify account need to match when trying to activate Premium.

If you have any other further questions or need more help, let me know! I'd love to help!

Best Regards,
hezorg

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
Marked as solution

Hello @Bergi92,

Just wanted to jump in with some additional info to what @Luan had already suggested: To use the Premium Student Discount payment country, account country and uni country will all need to match. With that said, if your registered uni is located in Germany your account's country settings need to match that country and you will also have to enter a payment method that was issued in Germany.

In case you've already changed your account's country settings to Japan, you won't be able to reactivate your subscription. You can however get Premium Individual, for the duration of your stay, which you can pay for with Gift Cards.

Hope you'll find this info useful. We'll be right here if you have any other questions 🙂

Suggested posts