Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Premium family not connecting

Premium family not connecting

I sent an invite to my wife after upgrading to the Premium Family. She has confirmed and it says she is active. But she can't see what music I am playing, we want to be able to play the same music in two different rooms, but despite it saying that she is a member on the Account overview it says she has to click on accept invite again. We have sent the invite three times and it still has a big red box on the account overview that says it didn't work. 

Plan

Premium

Country

NL 

Device

Mac Air, iPad

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

1 Reply

Hey @mspotifyAMS

Each family member has to have a separate username and password, so the first step is to create new accounts for each new member (if they haven't already).

I suggest creating it with an email address (not the one used for Facebook, if possible), since they'll be able to get a Spotify username / password. Using Facebook will not let you do that.

Each member will now have a Free account, so the next step is for them to join your Family plan through your account (You're the one who pays, so you'll be the Family Admin).

Send the invites to the emails they used to create their accounts.

Let them accept the invite logged in with their own username in the app and in the website. They should make sure to type the address exactly as the Admin did when he created the Family Plan, and also be sure all Family members use the same Internet connection (Home network) regularly.

Hope it helps. 🙂
osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts