Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Premium for Family account turned into Spotify free

Solved!

Premium for Family account turned into Spotify free

I have had Spotify Premium for family for more than a year. Suddently, one of my family member's account turned into Spotify free without us doing anything. When I log in, the family member's account say's 'Active', but when she tries to log in with her e-mail (same as listed under 'Manager your Family accounts'), her account is Spotify free and she is not able to download music.

Have tried to log off/on and changed pasword, but no success. I could probably cancel her account and send a new invite, but this will probably delete all her playlists etc.

Anyone have a tip on what to do?

Update: I have been on chat with Spotify, and what happened is this:

First (a few years ago), this family member created a free Spotify account, using her e-mail address. Then, after I subscribed to a premium family account, I invited her as a member through Facebook. She use the same e-mail on Facebook as the free account, meaning that after accepting the invite through Facebook, she the had two Spotify accounts: one Spotify free (with e-mail address and password as log-in) and one Premium Family account (with Facebook log-in). Having two accounts associated with the same e-mail created the confusion. 

Solution: I have now had Spotify delete the free account, meaning that she now only has the Premium account.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @siapelan, welcome to the Community!

It's good to know our chat team was able to help you get this sorted. If you ever need us again, just give us a shout. We're always here to help.

Have an awesome day 🙂

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

It's good to know our chat team was able to help you get this sorted. If you ever need us again, just give us a shout. We're always here to help.

Have an awesome day 🙂

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Have an awesome day 🙂

Marked as solution

Have an awesome day 🙂

Suggested posts