Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Premium for family - Wrong administrator name

Premium for family - Wrong administrator name

Hello and thanks for taking time to respond my question.

Situation: I just subscribed Premium4Familiy and maybe made a mistake in compiling first user info (me - the administrator - aka the one who pays) ... now admin name = my daughter's name.

Request: I'd like to avoid confusion in managing P4F and have administrator_showed_name=my_name ... how can I update showed name for "administrator"? It seems blocked to updates.

thank you very much for all answers

kind regards

alberto

spoty.jpg
12 Replies

I belive something reasently has happend with Spotify themselves, not only for us as single users... Discovered today my son is suddenly administrator.. Here's another!

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Accounts/Family-Premium-administrator-wrong-data/m-p/1738668#M28356...

Lets hope Spotify can help..!

Thanks saskiaorust for your note. I'll keep in touch on the other thread which i subscribet too.

kind regards

Same problem here. Weird bug and still not fixed in 2020.

Hey hey @mari_sol!

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Community!

We've been making some changes to the Family plan and right now the ''Manage your Family plan'' looks a bit different.

Would you mind sending us a screenshot of how things look on your end so that we'll be able to take a closer look and help you further?

We'll be on the lookout for your reply!

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hey @Elena! My problem looks like this. Spotify Support is not helpful at all.

Untitled.png

Hey @mari_sol,

thanks for getting back to us.

Could you log in to your account page via an incognito browser window and send us one more screenshot where the whole web-page is visible? You can use the Insert Photo option, just hide any private/sensitive Info.

We would also ask you to check your last couple of Spotify receipts - could you let us know what amount is written on them? 

We'd love to investigate this further and will be on the lookout for your reply! 

Mihail Moderator

screenshot.pngHere you go. The screenshot looks probably just fine. Under Receipts, I cannot find any, although it's me who is paying. Could be the thrid-party login the troublemaker here? The only evidence I have is the text message the current administrator received after being added to the family subscription.

Hi again @mari_sol,

Thanks for getting back to us. 

In this case, we'd recommend reaching out to our Support team here. They'll be happy to assist you further and check what's happening with your subscription. 

If anything else comes up, we'll be right here.

Have a lovely day 🙂

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

Thanks for your reply. I already did that a couple of times... Sorry, but that is unsatisfying. Is there another way to escalate this problem? I'm pretty sure this is a bug.

Hey @mari_sol

Thanks for your reply. 

We're sorry to hear you're still having this issue. However, we'd recommend reaching out to our Support team because they can take a look at the subscription on your account and explain what might be happening. 

If there's anything else we can help with, we're just one message away. 

Cheers!

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

This is pointless. Why should this time be different than the last times? This Support system sucks on many ends. No one is looking at the bigger picture, only trying to decrease support tickets. How about giving the option to change a **bleep**ing existing Family subscription rather than always telling to end the subscription and complete a new one. Can you clarify what technical or whatsoever obstacles Spotify has to do it that way?

Hi there @mari_sol,

Thanks for your reply.

This has most likely happened because the account of one of the plan members was already logged in the website when you've completed the Premium subscription. This would explain why their account is marked as the Plan Owner. 

Since this is a paid subscription to a service, the only way to change who's account is the Owner account would be to cancel the currently active contract and sign a new one (subscribe) from your own profile.

As @Novy mentioned, the easiest way to do that would be to contact the Support team. They should be able to help you with the cancelation and resubscription on another account.

Note that in the end there is no difference in functionality between the Member and Owner premium account.

Hope this clears things up. Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have questions. 

AlexModerator

Suggested posts