Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Premium for family - but can only play at one device at the time?!? Help!

Premium for family - but can only play at one device at the time?!? Help!

Premium for family -

Norway 

Device

Various: IMac, Iphone, Macbook, Lenovo Laptop, Google Home, Amazon Echo....) All updated to last versions.

My mother got an Amazon Echo this summer. She was thrilled - but didn't quite understand how it workd. 

- I changed my Spotify subscription from Premium, to Premium Family - so that both she and my boyfriend also could get Premium. And we all just got one bill.

Now we have a SMALL problem. When I am logged in and listen to Spotify on my Mac, Iphone - or Google Home everything is fine. Until someone else - usually my mom - wants to listen to something, and gets Alexa to start playing her music... Then I get shut off...

If I try to play something now - I shut her off...

THAT is NOT what I pay lots of extra money for...

She is logged in with her e-mail address, I am logged in with mine. My poor boyfriends phone hasn't been set up yet - bevause he is about as clever as my mom when it comes to this, so instead of him and my mom arguing about who gets to listen I give in. And don't listen to anything - and don't install for my boyfriend.

Anyone know what to do? Or is this how it is supposed to be?

1 Reply

Hey @Puisin, welcome to the Community.

Hope you're doing great!

Each registered member in the Spotify Premium for Family plan can listen to it's own music at any time undependent if other members are listening to music or not.

Could you try to unlink the Echo device from any Spotify device? Check this support article for more help.

Happy Holidays 🙂

Suggested posts