Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Premium for family subscription

Premium for family subscription

My account currently is on family +2 but the new update to the plan has not taken any change to the new family plan. What should I do?

Thanks.

5 Replies

Hey @Louisliu324,

Your family plan subscription should migrate over to the new one within 48 hours.

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I upgraded my account to family plan today.  Family of 6.  All have Spotify. 3 were able to join.  Other 2 are/were sutup using i-Tunes to bill and cannot join.  Can those 2 just create new user names and re-build playlists?  For the 3 that joined will their existing accounts stop billing?

So confusing....

Hey @pduggins1958-ip,

If your Premium subscription is currently handled by a third party - such as iTunes or your mobile operator - you'll need to contact them to cancel your Premium first.

More info about Premium for Family here: https://support.spotify.com/account_payment_help/premium_for_family/premium-for-family-faq/

MaximSpotify Star

We have 6 family members. Had 5 on one account, and separately a couple weeks ago just paid for a year for 6th person INDIVIDUALLY as family plan had allowed only 5. 

1. How do I link the individual one to our family plan?
  2. How can we get a credit for the $120 we spent for a year for the one individual?

Thanks.

Question: I've been invited to join Premium for Family, and I already have a Premium subscription. How is my billing affected when I join?

Answer: When you accept the invite, you're added to Premium for Family when your current billing period runs out. You won't be charged for your account any further - your payments are handled by the plan owner.

(https://support.spotify.com/article/premium-for-family-faq/)

MaximSpotify Star

Suggested posts