Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Premium gone - Vodafone problem?

Premium gone - Vodafone problem?

I upgraded my Vodafone account no 19/11 and then was given 6 months Spotify Premium which started working the next day. However, on 28/11 it reverted to a Free account. I have contacted Vodafone who have tried to help but have got nowhere. Any help would be appreciated. 

4 Replies

Hello And welcome to The community! 🙂
Can you please Check out
Www.spotify.com/Account/overview
And check The expiration Date of your Account?
Are you using a Facebook connected spotify Account ? 🙂

Kind regards,

Max aka. Amarro

If i helped you don't forget to leave a "Kudo" or "Accept as Solution".

( Twitter // Spotify )

What is a Spotify Rock Star and how do i become one?

Im not a Spotify Employee.

Thanks Amarro.

Yes, I am using it through Facebook. There is no expiry date. It now shows as a Free account.

Sometimes there are some problems like this by connecting via facebook. Can you please contact the spotify support team here? They should be able to look into your account 😉

Afterwards you'll recieve an automated message which says "noreply" but please do this anyway.

good luck!

Kind regards,

Max aka. Amarro

If i helped you don't forget to leave a "Kudo" or "Accept as Solution".

( Twitter // Spotify )

What is a Spotify Rock Star and how do i become one?

Im not a Spotify Employee.

Hi, 

I've just gone through this whilst getting a phone upgrade. I previously had a spotify subscription on my last contract however it ran out just before my upgrade date so my account converted to 'Free'. 

Today i got my new phone and started the setup, i found that i hit the same problem as everyone else - that my account didnt' change from Free to Premium. 

I spoke to live support and at first assumed it was a setup problem or somehow related to using WiFi not mobile data. 

Turns out it was my fault!!!!! 

When you select the Spotify subscription it goes through a setup and then gives you a confirmed screen - in very small text on that screen it says the Spotify account name it's associated with. 

Turns out i had a Facebook account, i also had an account associated with my full email address HOWEVER the one that was connected to the vodafone subscription was a username (shortened version of my email address) so i continued the setup and then attempted to sign into Spotify with this shortened email and hey-presto there's a Spotify Premium account with my name on it! 

This is really odd as all the accounts had access to my previous playlists and favourited music - i think this is a Spotify issue not a Vodafone issue. I've now contacted Spotify to cancel these other accounts they have in my name. 

Long and short: check the small text in the Vodafone subscription setup to see which account is being connected to your premimum subscription.

Suggested posts