Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Premium is not working on phone

Solved!

Premium is not working on phone

Since a couple of day's my spotify isn't working on my phone anymore. It's telling me to buy premium which I already have. Help me please!

529 Replies

@user-removed

Do you get email receipts for your subscription purchases? Search for one of them in your email account. In them, the Spotify username you're paying for is shown:

Username/ID:        xxxxxxx

You can login with that username to the website to check the status of your subscription here:

and also check your receipts here:

If everything looks ok, logout of the app in your device, and be sure to use that username, instead of your email address, to login to your account. It's the one with the Premium features.
osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

All that was already done. Username was the same that you are seeing, mari1079.

I dont know what is wrong.

All of that was already on the app. What is wrong with it?

@user-removed

If your subscription page says you're Premium, you should be good to go.

So what does it do that it's not working?

osorniosSpotify Star

On the account for the card it says Spotify 9.99 on July 5th the transaction was made and then today July 14 I got signed out and my subscription says free and I have been paying for a very long time

Hey @Daj-1993

Log into your Spotify profile on your browser here with your email. Your username will be displayed after you login.

After that, check the status of your subscription. If everything looks ok, logout of the app in your device, and be sure to use that username, instead of your email address, to login to your account.

osorniosSpotify Star

On my phone on your app it won't let me subscribe to Spotify premium I've tried logging off and removing the app and installing it again but still no look

Any ideas ?

Hey @Missbdavies123,

For the time being, it's better to get your Premium through the website, since payments made through the app are likely not to go through.

osorniosSpotify Star

I pay for premium for past year, and it was working 20 minutes ago, now it's stopped and keeps suggesting I buy premium, please help?!

Hey @gg0789,

Try logging into your Spotify profile on your browser here with your email. Your username will be displayed after you login.

After that, check the status of your subscription. If everything looks ok, logout of the app in your device, and be sure to use that username, instead of your email address, to login to your account. It's the one with the Premium features.

osorniosSpotify Star

Hi, my spotify premium is not working on my phone but I already paid for it few days ago

Hey @Kai15,

Try logging into your Spotify profile on your browser here with your email. Your username will be displayed after you login.

After that, check the status of your subscription, and your receipts. If everything looks ok, logout of the app in your device, and be sure to use that username, instead of your email address, to login to your account. It's the one with the Premium features.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star

I got premium and the emails saying its activated and all that, but it says it won't work offline and when I try to turn it on it says I have to be premium and when I try to shuffle the music it also says I have to be premium I tried logging out and logging back on and it does the same thing

Nvmnd it's working now thanks though thanks fam

Hi I have upgraded to Premium but the application doesn't recognize that. I did a clean re-install, no luck. Help! 

Hey @tchylewski1,

Did you get an email receipt for your subscription purchase?

In it, it shows the Spotify username you paid for:

Username/ID:        xxxxxxx

Logout of the app, and be sure to use it, instead of your email address, to login to your account. It's the one with the Premium features.

osorniosSpotify Star

Hi Meredith,

My Spotify Premium hasn't been working for the last couple of days, recently I failed to make a payment on my subscription because I changed debit cards and didn't update the payment information so I could be charged the mothly fee. 

-I have logged out/ reinstalled the app. (constantly)

-I have cancelled my subscription, and renewed it to see if that worked (it didn't)

-I only have one account with spotify. 

My account on my Spotify profile on the desktop says that I am a "Premium" member, on my phone however it says that I have a "free" subscription.

If you can inform me on how to fix this issue it would be greatly appreciated.

-Gabriel Ruano

Hey @user-removed,

After that, check the status of your subscription. If everything looks ok, logout of the app in your phone, and be sure to use that username, instead of your email address, to login to your account. It's the one with the Premium features.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star

Thank you it did work, however when I logged into my account all the playlists I had made were deleted. Is there a way to recover them?

and I had the username "ipassionateeee", and now it is "ipassionate7"

am I paying for both accounts now?

@user-removed

That could be possible. You should fill out the contact form, and someone from Spotify will be happy to help you merge both accounts (with your music, playlists, friends, etc.) within 24 hrs. Don't forget to check your spam folder for responses as they may end up there.

If you get an automated email directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to support@spotify.com and one of the customer services agents will get back to you.

osorniosSpotify Star

Suggested posts