Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Premium is not working on phone

Solved!

Premium is not working on phone

Since a couple of day's my spotify isn't working on my phone anymore. It's telling me to buy premium which I already have. Help me please!

529 Replies

How do u log in again

From my phone Spotify app it does not give me an option to pay. When I tried paying, it gave me the 30 free trial on another account. Do I have 2 accounts open? Anyhow, I want to change credit card payment on the Spotify app account and not this "other" account.

Hey @Jeffnuss53 @hayden72313,

Try logging into your Spotify profile on your browser here with your email. Your username will be displayed after you login.

After that, check the status of your subscription. If everything looks ok, logout of the app in your device, and be sure to use that username, instead of your email address, to login to your account. It's the one with the Premium features.

Hope it helps. 🙂
osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

My spotify premium isnt working either my username is danmcfcforsyth

Hey @danmcfcforsyth,

Try logging into your Spotify profile on your browser here with your email. Your username will be displayed after you login.

After that, check the status of your subscription. If everything looks ok, logout of the app in your device, and be sure to use that username, instead of your email address, to login to your account. It's the one with the Premium features.

osorniosSpotify Star

Just paid for my spotify its not working and i already got charged for it.

Hey @Tiinky_lover09,

Did you get an email receipt from Spotify for your subscription purchase?

In it, it shows the Spotify username you paid for:

Username/ID:        xxxxxxx

Logout of the app, and be sure to use it, instead of your email address, to login to your account. It's the one with the Premium features.

If you didn't get any email receipt, sometimes the amount gets 'on hold' even if the charge doesn't go through. Normally the amount gets back to your bank account a day or two later.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star

Got a new phone so I had to reinstall the app. I logged in with my email and it says that I still have the free subscription whenever I pay for premium

Hey @Jenkies,

Hope it helps. 🙂
osorniosSpotify Star

why is my spotify premium not working? i just paid the 1 month subscription today..

Hey @claymore318,

Hope it helps. 🙂
osorniosSpotify Star

Hi, I had a rogers plan which told me i had premium from November 2015 to November 2017. Today we got a new phone and all of a sudden my premium is gone and it makes no sense

Hey @areejio

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star

Hi, having same issues with my Spotify. It won't play any of my music at all. Pkease can you help? Jeff

hi,

my premium is not connecting through with my phone or my ipad. i created an account with my fb. it works fine with the website player and i also tried relogging, reinstalling and trying to reset password on my phone, but nothing seems to work.

I had premium before and it worked on my phone. i was with fido. After my subcription ended. it went back to being a free account. Then i upgraded to premium again resulting in my current problem.

please help 

I've tried logging in with the username provided in the email I got when I upgraded to premium and it still claims that I have a free account on my phone.

@annayz

After that, check the status of your subscription, and see if it's the same username you're using to login. 🙂

Upgraded-not-Premium-Instagram_support.png

osorniosSpotify Star

It's still not working. 
I had a subscription with Fido that ended a couple of days ago before I upgraded using the student discount. Does any of this factor into why it might not be working?

Hi. I've been reading all possible solutions on this page however when I tried it, it didn't work. I have this issue for about 2 days now. I have subscribed to the premium but it's not working at all. It's still saying free.

My account is doing the same! I have premium and checked my iTunes yet it still says to purchase it and says I have a free account!! Help!!!

Suggested posts