Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Premium is not working on phone

Solved!

Premium is not working on phone

Since a couple of day's my spotify isn't working on my phone anymore. It's telling me to buy premium which I already have. Help me please!

529 Replies

I logged on with Facebook, and premium features don't work on my phone. I've tried logging on with multiple ways but the premium features still only apply on my laptop. How can I fix this?

Mine is the same 😞

Really weird, I can select any track but it's stuck on shuffle and can't fast forward or rewind etc 😞

Same issue. Logged into my account with my username and not my email. When I go to Account it says I have Premium but when I try to skip a song it says that is a premium feature. This all of a sudden stopped working.

Hey @msalomon18

Normally this happens when a duplicate account exists, one with a Spotify username / password and one with your Facebook details.

Did you get an email receipt for your subscription purchase? In it, it shows your Spotify username:

Username/ID:        xxxxxxx

Logout of the app, and be sure to use it to login to your account. It's the one with the Premium features. If you see a random number, that's your actual Spotify username, which was assigned automatically to you when you created your account through Facebook. If you see it in your receipt, you need to use the Log In with Facebook button.

More information can be found here. 🙂
osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Ik. I just got Premium over a week ago after not having it for 2 months witch I regret sadly, It let's me download music but won't let me skip more then 3 songs and ask if I want to upgrade to Spotify premium

Hey @Raulortiz101

Try logging into your Spotify profile on your browser here with your email. Your username will be displayed after you login.

After that, check the status of your subscription. If everything looks ok, logout of the app in your device, and be sure to use that username, instead of your email address, to login to your account. It's the one with the Premium features.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star

Premium works on my iPad but not on my phone, I have logged in directly with my email address, it works on the iPad but not on phone and I have logged in with Facebook too, says my phone needs premium even though it says premium under my account. Can't figure it out, please help 

Hey

I had bought premium however I can't access shuffle nor skip on my iPhone 6.

I had tried restarting my phone and logging in and out but no result.

Hey @Tekuma

Try logging into your Spotify profile on your browser here with your email. Your username will be displayed after you login.

After that, check the status of your subscription. If everything looks ok, logout of the app in your device, and be sure to use that username, instead of your email address, to login to your account. It's the one with the Premium features.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star

I cannot access premium through my phone. I logged in using facebook and my name but it does not give me premium options.

I deleted the app on my phone, then reinstalled it, logged in via facebook and voila it worked.. 🙂 Hope this helps for you 🙂

My premium isn't working and I've tried logging in and out several times. I don't have a facebook account but I have upgraded to premium via the internet but it's not showing on my phone.

Hey, i have same problem. Have spotify premium for students but can't skip the song. Any ideas?
Thanks

Hey @daisycwatts @pawelp430

Did you get an email receipt from Spotify for your subscription purchase?

In it, it shows the Spotify username you paid for:

Username/ID:        xxxxxxx

Logout of the app, and be sure to use it, instead of your email address, to login to your account. It's the one with the Premium features.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star

Unfortunately still doesn't work even I logged in with the username that I got with email from spotify.

@pawelp430

You should fill out the contact form, and someone from Spotify will be happy to help you within 24 hrs. Don't forget to check your spam folder for responses as they may end up there.

If you get an automated email directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you.

Alternatively, if you prefer support via Twitter, you can tweet @SpotifyCares or message Spotify Cares Facebook.

osorniosSpotify Star

@osorinos
I was really close to write an email. Last idea was to check update of app. It works 🙂
thanks for help

Awesome. 🙂 Good to know that...

https://open.spotify.com/track/2McU4Klpa6qm6Ol3o1KKoJ

osorniosSpotify Star

Have a 2 year premium trial that might have expired yesterday. Lost all my music, is there any way to get it all back and pay for premium Spotify? I never got a notice it was coming to end is there anyway to fix this

Hey @Codynathaniel89

You shouldn't lose any playlists, friends, or your music library, as long as you keep using the same username you've been using. Those are independent from your subscription status.  

Hope it helps. 🙂
osorniosSpotify Star

Suggested posts