Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Premium is not working on phone

Solved!

Premium is not working on phone

Since a couple of day's my spotify isn't working on my phone anymore. It's telling me to buy premium which I already have. Help me please!

529 Replies

Sorry if I'm the 90th person to post about this.  Just upgraded to premium via the 30d trial.  Login via email and it says I don't have premium (can't use offline mode or on my iphone 5).  Tried to login via my username (which inexplicably is a bunch of numbers) and it says login failed.  Thoughts?

Hey there and welcome to the Commnuity 🙂

There is some problems with servers and servers should be up and running soon.

You have Premium account in Spotify system, the update is slow, apologies for that. You should get an Premium soon to your lovely device.

Also before that you might want to try to fishing this update manually, just log out from app and then log in back! If no joy, you may need to do this several times. Otherwise update wqill be available to you when servers send it to you. You're in queue. 🙂

This is horrendous! I am supposed to have 3 months with spotify premium as part of virgin mobile contract and on account says i have premium but then when i select a song to play it says i need to get premium GRRRR! Have spoken to spotify and they all keep telling me to do the same thing that DOESNT WORK! Total waste of time!

Hi lipsty-marie - I've just taken a look. Currently you've got a free account (although previously you had a 2 day Premium trial). 

Please be sure Virgin Mobile have your username (you can find this 10-digit number on your profile page). They can then help upgrade that account. 

Premium is working on my Computer but not on my iphone. I tried logging in using my username "kswisner" and my facebook info as well as retarting app. still telling me i cannot access premium content.

Hey kswinsner - Welcome to the Community. 

So how's your account working for you now? I can confirm that your 'kswisner' account is definitely on Premium. 

The new app for android dosent work. please let us have the old one back!

i just signed up for premium free trial and have logged in on my phone with both my facebook info and my spotify username info. neither one seems to work. it keeps saying i must have premium to play my songs and that i can play the radio for free. any ideas?

oops, my username is 1217210870

looking at previous posts, i guess i just have to be more patient and wait for the server to update my info so i can access on my phone. hopefully it doesn't take too long as this is only a 30 day trial.

How long does it take for the app to recognize you've upgraded to premium? I've gotten a receipt for payment and my app is still telling me that I need to upgrade to premium even after I've logged out and back in.

I'd say it took 1-2 hrs. But it's working great now.

I have tried to pay my spotify premium bill several times with my old debit card but spotify is not taking it and I tried using another debit card and spotify is still not accepting my card. It's telling me that am still using spotify free. Right now I have no access to my playlists and search service. Please do what you can to have my account back on

@Lenz wrote:
I have tried to pay my spotify premium bill several times with my old debit card but spotify is not taking it and I tried using another debit card and spotify is still not accepting my card. It's telling me that am still using spotify free. Right now I have no access to my playlists and search service. Please do what you can to have my account back on

If you card is being declined, I would suggest you have a read at this FAQ.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I just started the Premium subscription today, and I don't seem to be able to use it on my mobile device. Is it because it's just the trial or is something else the matter?

Callmejazzeee - If you log out and log in again, you should get it working.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

I just got Premium for Christmas and it's not working on my phone. I have tried deleting the app and redownloading it, but it still doesn't work. Help, please?

Try logging out, fully restarting your device and then logging in again 😉 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I just upgraded to Premium but it's not working on my phone. Help!

Hi jjsahn - That upgrade has definitely gone through. Please sign out/ sign back in again. 

Another step worth trying is a clean reinstallation.

Suggested posts