Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Premium is not working on phone

Solved!

Premium is not working on phone

Since a couple of day's my spotify isn't working on my phone anymore. It's telling me to buy premium which I already have. Help me please!

529 Replies

What is the deal when you pay through your cell phone bill and it stops working. Am I using my email to sign in. Nothing is working on my end. Have tried to reinstall and sign in and out a few times and nothing. Still the free version. Please help! 🙂

I'm having a similar issue was on a friends family plan but they took me off so I went and ugraded my account and now it says I paid and have premium but access it on my phone it still says I'm using the free one

Hey @Salazarperla66

Try logging into your Spotify profile on your browser here with your email. Your username will be displayed after you login.

After that, check the status of your subscription. If everything looks ok, logout of the app in your device, and be sure to use that username, instead of your email address, to login to your account. It's the one with the Premium features.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I did finally get it to work, i uninstalled the app, then added it again, and it was all updated to premium. Maybe try that? 🙂

My spotify premium isn't working and I have paid for it and i am on the account that I used to buy it. 

Hey @acghockey1

You mean you now have two accounts? If so, fill out the contact form, and someone from Spotify will be happy to help you merge your Premium privileges, library, playlists, friends, etc. to the account created with an email address. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star

I pay for spotify premium, but it insn't working. You charge 99kr (Danish) from my bank account every mounth, with a following note, which contains this message:
"spotify P043293a7f". Can you maybe figure out, if the number is linked to my account? Cause i do pay for it, and i would like to get my card information deleted from the system, if i can't get what i'm supscriping to. 

I am part of a Family Account that is Premium. When I log on my account on website it shows I have Premium but when I log in the app it says I only have free account. Makes no sense. Please help!

I have logged off, uninstalled app & reinstalled, restarted phone....nothing works.

Hey @Shanterelle

Try logging into your Spotify profile on your browser here with your email. Your username will be displayed after you login.

After that, check the status of your subscription. If everything looks ok, logout of the app in your device, and be sure to use that username, instead of your email address, to login to your account. It's the one with the Premium features.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star

I alrealy paid for my premium but my subsciption is free?! HELP ME PLEASE!!!

Hey @Kimberly03

Did you get an email receipt from Spotify for your subscription purchase?

In it, it shows the Spotify username you paid for:

Username/ID:        xxxxxxx

Logout of the app, and be sure to use it, instead of your email address, to login to your account. It's the one with the Premium features.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star

my sister just got me spotify premium but when i log in through my phone it still says i have the free version and when i log in through the computer it says i have premium

I had to delete the Spotify app on my phone, and then installed it again, logged in via my facebook and then the premium showed up 🙂
Marked as solution

Hey @iggy01

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star

I have already subcribe the premium twice but still not working also i use my spotify account

Hey @Kira13

Did you get an email receipt from Spotify for your subscription purchase?

In it, it shows the Spotify username you paid for:

Username/ID:        xxxxxxx

Logout of the app, and be sure to use it, instead of your email address, to login to your account. It's the one with the Premium features.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star

Hi, I have this same problem.  I have subscribed, and my account details all look fine.  But in the App, it doesn't seem to have filtered through.  I can't see anywhere in the app to log in or out.  I clicked on log out of all devices from my account....but my account does not seem to be filtering through to the app.  

I started having the same issue today. Have had premium for a while now and now it says I only have a Free account 

Hey @rach68 @Butttstufff

To logout in the mobile app you need to go to Your Library, and then go to the settings wheel at the top right corner. Once there, the option at the bottom will let you logout.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star

Thank you for your help, I will try that 🙂

Suggested posts