Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Premium is not working on phone

Solved!

Premium is not working on phone

Since a couple of day's my spotify isn't working on my phone anymore. It's telling me to buy premium which I already have. Help me please!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey Bobbie- According to our records your 'bobbeh89' is just fine and your Premium subscription is active. 

Are you definitely logging in with this username 'bobbeh89' username and not your email address? Try logging out and logging back in with that username/ Spotify password. 

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Thnx! I did login with my email address, logging with my username solves it. The quick response is very much appreciated. 

Marked as solution

Just wondering if maybe you logged in with the wrong details - do you see a payment history here? If not, try logging out and back in , making sure you use the correct credentials (facebook login or a spotify username - only one of these will be right).

You mentioned that the last payment was on 10 March so another payment should have been made yesterday.

If none of this helps, you can get in touch with the account team hereIf you get an automated response directing you back to the community or to the help pages, make sure to reply to it directly to speed things along.

Marked as solution

@Lukestnford01

Did you get an email receipt for your subscription purchase?

In it, it shows the Spotify username you paid for:

Username/ID:        xxxxxxx

Logout of the app, and be sure to use it to login to your account. It's the one with the Premium features.

You can login with that username to the website to check the status of your subscription here:

and also check your receipts here:
osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Marked as solution

Hey @iggy01

Try logging into your Spotify profile on your browser here with your email. Your username will be displayed after you login.

After that, check the status of your subscription. If everything looks ok, logout of the app in your device, and be sure to use that username, instead of your email address, to login to your account. It's the one with the Premium features.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

529 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey Bobbie- According to our records your 'bobbeh89' is just fine and your Premium subscription is active. 

Are you definitely logging in with this username 'bobbeh89' username and not your email address? Try logging out and logging back in with that username/ Spotify password. 

Marked as solution

Thnx! I did login with my email address, logging with my username solves it. The quick response is very much appreciated. 

Premium stopped working on my phone. And I can play music on my laptop but the social functions don't work!

Hellochica - Your Premium subscription seems to be running ok. Can you make sure you log in with the username 'hellochica' and your Spotify password. Is it still an issue?
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

I have the same problem. I upgraded to premium and received email confirmation, but this isn't reflected on spotify. I've tried logging out and back in, using my Facebook details. I've also tried deleting and reinstalling the app.

Y-uchi - It looks like you've upgraded to Spotify Unlimited, not Premium. Was this intentional?

We won't be able to sort any payment problems over the forum though, I'm afraid. It's best of you contact our payments team. Just head to 'About us' above, then 'Contact Form'. They'll get back to you as soon as possible.
-------

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Hi,

My Premium account is not accessible on my iPhone nor on the PC. I can login with the Facebook account but this is not connected to my Premium for some reason.

Tant_julia - Not to worry, just log in with the username 'juliajernberg' and your Spotify password. You should then access your Premium.
-------

Who's your Spotify Star?

Thanks for the quick reply, unfortunately this is not working on any device.

Tried to retrive a new password but have not recieved any.

Tant_julia - I've just replied to your email in. Keep an eye on your inbox.
-------

Who's your Spotify Star?

Hi

my spotify hasn't been working for days on my HTC one x android. anytime i try to play a song, even synced music, it says 'info' and nothing else happens...whats wrong.  and when i try to play it on my girlfriends iphone, it no longer works either, just says that i need a premium subscription which i already have

Cheers

Lmdowie - It looks like your most recent payment failed, so your account has reverted back to the free version. You'll need to update your payment details if you'd like to get that Premium going again. Just head here to do so... www.spotify.com/account/subscription/
-------

Who's your Spotify Star?

my bank card was replaced recently, is that the reason?

It could have been, yes. We can't see exactly why card details are rejected, but it's likely this was the case.
-------

Who's your Spotify Star?

That makes sense to me now, thanks for quick troubleshooting! will update with new card details

@squeekyp2012 & @lykkeli2009 - I believe you're both experiencing a different issue with your Android. 

Please see this similar thread for more info: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Mobile-Android/Songs-stop-playing-app-going-offline/td-p/82935/page/...

Hi,

Just got a premoium account on my computer.

Now my spotify on iPhone says: you need premium to search for music??

Thanks,

Hi dedoedoedah - Not to fret, there's a simple explanation here. 

You've got two accounts: your 'pinqueriet' account and an account linked to Facebook. It's your Facebook one that's on Premium. 

We can help sort this out. Keep an eye on your inbox for me. 

Thanks!

The pinqueriet I'm not using anymore

and I thuoght I cancelled the link to FB, I dont want that!

Ciao

Suggested posts