Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Premium is not working on phone

Solved!

Premium is not working on phone

Since a couple of day's my spotify isn't working on my phone anymore. It's telling me to buy premium which I already have. Help me please!

529 Replies

Hey -- I signed up today for the first 30 day free trial for spotify premium. I recieved an email reciept saying this (see below), but I can not gain access to premium and it will not let me stream songs. I have deleted the app and downloaded again, logged ot and in several times with the same info that works on the website but I cannot gain access. I have been loggin in with the username: benbreslerman

Hope you're enjoying your Spotify Premium 30-day free trial! Here's your receipt.

Email address:  [Snip-Email(Privacy)-Peter]
Username/ID:    1226183844
Date:           2013-06-28 13:38 UTC
Order ID:       215287986016

Retailer:       Spotify USA Inc.
Tax ID number:  80-0555431

Items bought:   30 day free trial (Spotify Premium)
Total:          $0.00

At the end of the free trial the payment card you provide will automatically be
charged the Spotify Premium subscription fee of $9.99 (plus applicable taxes)
per month.

Just hidden your email address to prevent your inbox filling with spam! 😉 

Is that the same email address you use for Facebook, if so have you tried logging in using your email address and Facebook password? 

Sounds like you might have subscribed on the wrong account. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I have the same problem- Spotify Premium is working fine on my mac and used to work on my phone but has now stopped. Keeps asking me to upgrade to Premium, once I've put my details in it tells me I already have signed up but then I still can't use it! I keep trying to log in via Facebook but it just goes to a broken weblink.... Main reason I upgraded was for music on my phone so this is really annoying! Help please 🙂

@SamanthaHall wrote:

I have the same problem- Spotify Premium is working fine on my mac and used to work on my phone but has now stopped. Keeps asking me to upgrade to Premium, once I've put my details in it tells me I already have signed up but then I still can't use it! I keep trying to log in via Facebook but it just goes to a broken weblink.... Main reason I upgraded was for music on my phone so this is really annoying! Help please 🙂

What type of phone is it? 

Peter

Peter

My premium doesnt seem to be work on my phone after my card has been updated.  I updated my payment details on spotify but it still isnt working even though it says I am on premium?

@fish1246 wrote:

My premium doesnt seem to be work on my phone after my card has been updated.  I updated my payment details on spotify but it still isnt working even though it says I am on premium?

Hey 🙂 

Is your account showing as premium on your online overview

If so, then try a clean reinstallation and hopefully that will get you up and running again. 

Peter

Peter

Hi there, same problem for me. Just signed up for the 30 day trial but it keeps telling me I need premium to do anything. I have logged out and tried logging in with both facebook and my shotgunblose user name. Please help.

Have you tried airplane mode on your phone or logging out and back in in Spotify?

Same exact issue for me on iPhone. Have tried all the basic steps, uninstalling, re-logging on, blah blah, waiting over night. Nothing. 

I have premium but I cannot stream on my phone. What is going on?

Phone definitely not in airplane mode. I have logged out and back in uninstall and reinstall and still doesn't work.

Hey there.

Spotify staff is informed about this trouble in updates.

Fingers crossed for solution 🙂

Mine also isn't working, u guys charged our account for the money but we can't use premium, I can sign in but everytime I try to play anything it says I'm not a premium member, I've logged in every way I can and it says the same thing regardless of device... Even delete and reinstalled it on every device we use spotify on and same problem

Hey there, sorry for this.

Staff is working with this issue hard. Please sit tight.

My spotify app for my i-pad isn't working.
I have waited 30 minutes for it to load, and I have deleted/ re-downloaded the app, but its stuck on a white page and I know I'm logged in. On the left side shows the tool bars like Home, Playlists etc. but I cant open them. The screen is just white when I open the app, Please help!
image.jpg

Hey @Matt_808 🙂 

What version of iOS is your iPad running? 

Peter

Peter

Hi I recently got spotify premium free with my new Vodafone account and had it for 2 days and it is saying it has expired. I'm ment to have at least a year's free subscription my user name is jason.agbodo

Hi Jason 🙂 

What is your subscription status showing as on your online overview

Peter

Peter

Hi peter it currently says I'm using spotify free spotify and that I should upgrade

Jason

In that case it sounds like you where using the free 48 hour trial you get from Spotify when you first login on a mobile device rather than your Vodafone subscription. I would suggest you get in touch with Vodafone and make sure everything is healthy with your account on their end.

Peter

Peter

Suggested posts