Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Premium is not working on phone

Solved!

Premium is not working on phone

Since a couple of day's my spotify isn't working on my phone anymore. It's telling me to buy premium which I already have. Help me please!

529 Replies

Hi @jwylot , I'm using an iPhone 4S , with the latest update, thanks

Could you try restaring your phone by holding the On/Off Sleep/Wake button and the Home button at the same time for at least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears. Then relaunch spotify.

If that doesn't work, please check that your account profile shows an active premium subscription.

Ahh thankyou, what I've just thought is... If my payment had bounced (which it has) then do I need to re-sign up to premium? Thanks

@Tommyeoman - It depends, if your account still shows as premium on your online account then you don't need to do anything - Spotify will retry payment in a few days. If your account shows as Spotify free, you need to resubscribe - should only take a minute! 🙂 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

That's very helpful!, Thing is, I've tried upgrading... And the payment won't process, I've got to the point of re-entering my Facebook password, but it then just refreshes back to the upgrade option screen

Would it be possible to try using a different browser, an incognito/private window or clearing *.spotify.com cookies?

Peter

I recently bought a new android phone and my account no longer says that I have spotify premium however I did not stop paying for it...Please help! Also I'm using Facebook to log in so it won't let me use my new "username"

@shanesimpson - Definitely sounds like you have more than one Spotify account in the system. If you could get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form they will be able to lend a hand to get you back to your premium.

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Hi.. My spotify is telling me to buy premium when I have already purchased it!
My phone handset was replaced yesterday but it has been restored since. Help!

@ReaFrame - Is your account showing as premium on your online overview?

If it is showing as premium then you should be good to go! Sometimes a quick log out and back in again is needed. If you are still having issues, try a clean reinstallation of the application. 

If your account is still showing as free then you have not logged into the account you have upgraded. Double check your details, its amazingly easy to accidentally have two accounts, one with a Spotify username and another using your Facebook details. If you can't find your account, don't subscribe again as you might be billed twice, instead get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they will be able to lend a hand.

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Alternatively, if you prefer support via Twitter, please tweet @SpotifyCares.

Peter

Hi, I have both the Premium for my laptop and phone. It works on my laptop but not on my phone. Why is that ?

@lizdavidsson23 - Are you definitely logging into the same account on both devices? Does your online account definitely show you have Premium and not Unlimited/Free?

Peter

Hi,

my spotify premium is not working on my andriod. Everytime I try to play a song or download my playlist it asks me to get premium and I already paid and have it.

@Mmrtnz14 - Is your account definitely showing as premium here?:
https://www.spotify.com/account/overview/

Peter

It says this:

Subscription status

Your Spotify Premium subscription will be automatically renewed the 2014-04-19 and charged $9.99 + $0.00 Sales tax every 1 month, unless you cancel your subscription before that time.

What username is shown on that page?

Peter

Username: 1228170535

Can you just confirm you are logging into the android app via Facebook?

Peter

Yeah.

I've gone through this whole message board and tried every solution. I've clean uninstalled the app. I've logged off my computer from spotify and my phone and from facebook and reconnected all of them back to spotify. I log in on spotify with my facebook login and even tried using my facebook log in with my spotify. I only have one login account with spotify so I haven't mixed up any other login uses. Every time I re install spotify and login with my facebook it'll work as premium and let me start to download my playlists and listen, but after a song or two an AD will pop up and then my downloaded playlists will stop downloading and then it will keep asking me to upgrade to premium. I have the receipt for my monthly subscription of this month. Thanks for the fast replies as well!

The fact it lets you start downloading means the app does know your account is on Premium. This is going to require some further digging I think, if you could drop the technical support guys a quick email using the online contact form they will be able to assist you further with this.

Peter

Suggested posts