Premium is not working on phone

Solved!

Premium is not working on phone

Bobbie
Casual Listener

Since a couple of day's my spotify isn't working on my phone anymore. It's telling me to buy premium which I already have. Help me please!

5 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Solution!

meahtenoha
Spotify
Spotify

Hey Bobbie- According to our records your 'bobbeh89' is just fine and your Premium subscription is active. 

Are you definitely logging in with this username 'bobbeh89' username and not your email address? Try logging out and logging back in with that username/ Spotify password. 

View solution in original post

Solution!

Bobbie
Casual Listener

Thnx! I did login with my email address, logging with my username solves it. The quick response is very much appreciated. 

Solution!

Joe
Community Legend

Just wondering if maybe you logged in with the wrong details - do you see a payment history here? If not, try logging out and back in , making sure you use the correct credentials (facebook login or a spotify username - only one of these will be right).

You mentioned that the last payment was on 10 March so another payment should have been made yesterday.

If none of this helps, you can get in touch with the account team hereIf you get an automated response directing you back to the community or to the help pages, make sure to reply to it directly to speed things along.

Solution!

osornios
Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

@Lukestnford01

Did you get an email receipt for your subscription purchase?

In it, it shows the Spotify username you paid for:

Username/ID:        xxxxxxx

Logout of the app, and be sure to use it to login to your account. It's the one with the Premium features.

You can login with that username to the website to check the status of your subscription here:

and also check your receipts here:
osorniosRock Star 24
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Solution!

osornios
Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

Hey @iggy01

Try logging into your Spotify profile on your browser here with your email. Your username will be displayed after you login.

After that, check the status of your subscription. If everything looks ok, logout of the app in your device, and be sure to use that username, instead of your email address, to login to your account. It's the one with the Premium features.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosRock Star 24
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

529 Replies

lilialaminae
Casual Listener

Thank you, I just sent them a message!

olliewalsh
Casual Listener

Spotify Premium account has stopped working on my phone (HTC one). Tried logging in and out and reinstalling but it was unsuccessful. The last payment to spotify went out on the 10th of March. (I have paid for spotify by direct debit and haven't had an issue thus far!)

Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks

Joe
Community Legend

Hi @olliewalsh Can you just check what it shows under Subscription Status here?

olliewalsh
Casual Listener

It says "Spotify free" but i have had Premium for about a year. Is there a renewal date?

I have just checked my bank account and there are no issues that end!

Thanks for your help!

Solution!

Joe
Community Legend

Just wondering if maybe you logged in with the wrong details - do you see a payment history here? If not, try logging out and back in , making sure you use the correct credentials (facebook login or a spotify username - only one of these will be right).

You mentioned that the last payment was on 10 March so another payment should have been made yesterday.

If none of this helps, you can get in touch with the account team hereIf you get an automated response directing you back to the community or to the help pages, make sure to reply to it directly to speed things along.

olliewalsh
Casual Listener

Thanks for your help today!

The issue was I had a new debit card rendering the previous payment details useless! It's all sorted now!

Joe
Community Legend

Thanks for letting me know 🙂 Enjoy your music!

Julieb
Casual Listener
Since a couple of days ago my premium stopped working and my iPhone is telling me to download premium if i want to download my playlists. I have had premium for a long time and this has never happend before. I have paid for the uppgrade. I have also tried loging in and out but its not working.

Peter__
Community Legend

Is your account showing as premium on your online overview with a renewal date that is in the futue?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Mmrtnz14
Regular

Hi,

my spotify premium is not working on my andriod. Everytime I try to play a song or download my playlist it asks me to get premium and I already paid and have it.

Peter__
Community Legend
@Mmrtnz14 - Is your account definitely showing as premium here?:
https://www.spotify.com/account/overview/

Peter

Mmrtnz14
Regular

It says this:

Subscription status

Your Spotify Premium subscription will be automatically renewed the 2014-04-19 and charged $9.99 + $0.00 Sales tax every 1 month, unless you cancel your subscription before that time.

Peter__
Community Legend
What username is shown on that page?

Peter

Mmrtnz14
Regular

Username: 1228170535

Peter__
Community Legend
Can you just confirm you are logging into the android app via Facebook?

Peter

Mmrtnz14
Regular

Yeah.

I've gone through this whole message board and tried every solution. I've clean uninstalled the app. I've logged off my computer from spotify and my phone and from facebook and reconnected all of them back to spotify. I log in on spotify with my facebook login and even tried using my facebook log in with my spotify. I only have one login account with spotify so I haven't mixed up any other login uses. Every time I re install spotify and login with my facebook it'll work as premium and let me start to download my playlists and listen, but after a song or two an AD will pop up and then my downloaded playlists will stop downloading and then it will keep asking me to upgrade to premium. I have the receipt for my monthly subscription of this month. Thanks for the fast replies as well!

Peter__
Community Legend

The fact it lets you start downloading means the app does know your account is on Premium. This is going to require some further digging I think, if you could drop the technical support guys a quick email using the online contact form they will be able to assist you further with this.

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Mmrtnz14
Regular

You're f*ckin awesome. Thanks again for the fast responses and assistance!

lizdavidsson23

Hi, I have both the Premium for my laptop and phone. It works on my laptop but not on my phone. Why is that ?

Peter__
Community Legend

@lizdavidsson23 - Are you definitely logging into the same account on both devices? Does your online account definitely show you have Premium and not Unlimited/Free?

Peter

ReaFrame
Hi.. My spotify is telling me to buy premium when I have already purchased it!
My phone handset was replaced yesterday but it has been restored since. Help!
SUGGESTED POSTS