Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Premium is not working on phone

Solved!

Premium is not working on phone

Since a couple of day's my spotify isn't working on my phone anymore. It's telling me to buy premium which I already have. Help me please!

529 Replies

You're f*ckin awesome. Thanks again for the fast responses and assistance!

I have the same problem.  I have a vodafone red account.  I called vodafone on Saturday but they have not been able to help.  I have logged in again with my username but it did not do the trick.  Please help.

If I remember, vodaphone confirm the account on which the subscription will be applied? Are you sure you are logging into this account? Maybe ask them to reconfirm the account name you should be using.

Since a couple of days ago my premium stopped working and my iPhone is telling me to download premium if i want to download my playlists. I have had premium for a long time and this has never happend before. I have paid for the uppgrade. I have also tried loging in and out but its not working.

Is your account showing as premium on your online overview with a renewal date that is in the futue?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Spotify Premium account has stopped working on my phone (HTC one). Tried logging in and out and reinstalling but it was unsuccessful. The last payment to spotify went out on the 10th of March. (I have paid for spotify by direct debit and haven't had an issue thus far!)

Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks

Hi @olliewalsh Can you just check what it shows under Subscription Status here?

It says "Spotify free" but i have had Premium for about a year. Is there a renewal date?

I have just checked my bank account and there are no issues that end!

Thanks for your help!

Marked as solution

Just wondering if maybe you logged in with the wrong details - do you see a payment history here? If not, try logging out and back in , making sure you use the correct credentials (facebook login or a spotify username - only one of these will be right).

You mentioned that the last payment was on 10 March so another payment should have been made yesterday.

If none of this helps, you can get in touch with the account team hereIf you get an automated response directing you back to the community or to the help pages, make sure to reply to it directly to speed things along.

Thanks for your help today!

The issue was I had a new debit card rendering the previous payment details useless! It's all sorted now!

Thanks for letting me know 🙂 Enjoy your music!

Hi there, 

I experience the same problems as the others: Since the update a week ago, my phone app doesn't recognize me as a Premium subscriber. I have checked my subscription status (it's premium) and the last receipts - strangely, the last one is from February. I never cancelled my subscription and Spotify is withdrawing the money from my account every month (last one on April 4th).  Help, please!

Hi. I think the best thing is to get in touch here and get the accounts team involved. If you get an automated response directing you back to the community or to the help pages, make sure to reply to it directly to speed things along.

Thank you, I just sent them a message!

Hey my spotify isn't working either it's not telling me to upgrade because I am upgraded to premium but it's not playing any music

What are you trying to listen on? Do you get any error messages when you try to play something?

Hello,

The spotify app on my phone isnt recognizing that I have purchased Spotify premium.  Can you please assist?

-Matt

What phone are you using and what does it say under Subscription Status here?

Hi i just got spotify premium but evrey time i logg on on my phone it coming up that i dont have premium it just work for 1 day can you help me

@kandreo95 - Is your account showing as premium on your online overview?

If it is showing as premium then you should be good to go! Sometimes a quick log out and back in again is needed. If you are still having issues, try a clean reinstallation of the application. 

If your account is still showing as free then you have not logged into the account you have upgraded. Double check your details, its amazingly easy to accidentally have two accounts, one with a Spotify username and another using your Facebook details. If you can't find your account, don't subscribe again as you might be billed twice, instead get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they will be able to lend a hand.

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Alternatively, if you prefer support via Twitter, please tweet @SpotifyCares.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts