Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Premium is not working on phone

Solved!

Premium is not working on phone

Since a couple of day's my spotify isn't working on my phone anymore. It's telling me to buy premium which I already have. Help me please!

529 Replies

Hmmm....I'm out of ideas. You tried reinstalling and that made no difference so it's probably time to call on the support team. Before doing that, can you just check that spotify isn't in offline mode and the mobile has an internet connection.

Please use the online contact form and someone at Spotify can help get this sorted. If you get an automated response directing you back to the community or to the help pages, please reply to it by email and you will hear back from one of the team shortly.

It is not in offline mode.  The even more bizarre thing is that it will recognize the music I recently played on any computer under my account, but none of the artists crossover.  At the moment I don't have a strong internet connection, but earlier today before i started driving to work it wouldn't sync with my actual saved artists.

My spotify doesn't work on my phone or my iPad even though I bought a premium account. Please help

My phone will not pick up that I have a premium account. I've tried logging in and out and it is still not working.

There does seem to be a lot of reports of this. I've asked Spotify to investigate!

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

@NateFrancis @keeghan_pierce 

Hey guys!

There was a temporary issue on the server, and this should now be fixed.

Please try logging out of the app and then logging back in to see if you now have premium.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

this issue doesn't seem to be fixed, any update?

I've tried all the fixes, unistalled, rebooted, reinstalled

my account page shows premium, but neither the app on my phone or computer reflect the change

Any updates on this issue? Doesn't seem to be fixed yet.

@mikecadano this should be fixed now. Can you just check that your account overview shows you have an active premium subscription and reinstall the app on your mobile?

My account is showing as free but I pay monthly via my 3 Mobile account. Sometime recently something has changed but I am still paying the monthly subscription through my mobile bill. I can still see my playlists etc, so it is not as if I am logging into a different account. 3 Mobile are utterly useless - want me to speak with Apple.

@Joe Yes it indicates Spotify Premium and I have uninstalled the spotify app on my phone a couple of ytimes already. This is the first time I have upgraded so I'm still in the 30 day free trial period though.

Same problem with my account, stopped working on premium this morning and now saying I have a free account.

Ignore that, just got back from holiday to a new bank card. Doh

@Jamesotoole - You would be surprised how common that is! Did you get everything set up again?

Peter

Hi I just got spotify premium on my account but my phone doesn't recognise my account as premium. I've logged in with with Facebook and when the prompt asks me to upgrade to premium, it brings me to the profile page that indicated that I am indeed on premium 😞

Hi, I just purchased Spotify Premium, but I cannot get my iphone app to perform the premium functions

@seanzak94 - Is your account showing as premium on your online overview?

If it is showing as premium then you should be good to go! Sometimes a quick log out and back in again is needed. If you are still having issues, try a clean reinstallation of the application. 

If your account is still showing as free then you have not logged into the account you have upgraded. Double check your details, its amazingly easy to accidentally have two accounts, one with a Spotify username and another using your Facebook details. The username of the account you have upgraded is shown in the email receipt/confirmation.

You need to log in using that username unless it is a number in which case you need to log in using your Facebook details. If you can't find your account or you have subscribed on the incorrect account, don't subscribe again as you might be billed twice, instead get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they will be able to lend a hand.

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Alternatively, if you prefer support via Twitter, please tweet @SpotifyCares.

Peter

I just bought Premium, the payment went through and the website confirms my status, but both my PC and phone are still saying I am using a free account. My only account link is through Facebook. Please help!

Hi,

My spotify premium doesnt seem to be working on my phone,

@allancottell 

First try logging out of the app, and then log back in.

If you still have trouble,

I suggest you contact support so they can take a look at your account and see what is going on:

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts