Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Premium not updating in account

Solved!

Premium not updating in account

Hey guys, I am new to the community and yesterday received a gift card for Spotify so that I could start using premium. I wen't through all the correct steps of redeeming the code online and then selecting 3 months of premium instead of 6 months of unlimited and hit submit. Everything seemed like it worked and it even said 3 month of premium was successfully credited to my account. This was yesterday at around 4pm and my account still says I only have Spotify free... Is there any issue with the servers or something currently?? I didn't receive any error messages when using the code on the gift card.. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Escalating those for you now. 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

26 Replies

Is your account showing as premium on your online overview

If it is showing as premium then you should be good to go! Sometimes a quick log out and back in again is needed. If you are still having issues, try a clean reinstallation of the application. 

If your account is still showing as free then you have not logged into the account you have upgraded. Double check your details, its amazingly easy to accidentally have two accounts, one with a Spotify username and another using your Facebook details. If you can't find your account, don't subscribe again as you might be billed twice, instead get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they will be able to lend a hand.

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Alternatively, if you prefer support via Twitter, please tweet @SpotifyCares.

Peter

I log into my account only using facebook, I've never made any other account name or password so there really should'nt be any other account I could have possibly added it to. And it still says I only have Spotify free when I log in. I filled out the support form yesterday at around 4pm and still have not heard anything from them, but I did just reply to the automated email.

Hello!

If you just replied to the automated email then you should get a reply soon! If not, in a couple of days, come back here and post your case number.

Hope this helped 🙂

Don't forget to add your Kudos and mark as a solution if it helped you!

Follow me on Twitter

Whats a Spotify Rock Star?

Had this exact problem. Logged out and back in, no help.

Just get in touch as outlined above and Spotify support can lend a hand to find your premium.

Peter

Used the complaint form over a day ago... Still waiting...

Maybe

Did you get an automated response and reply to it? Worth checking that your correct email address is shown in your account profile and that the reply hasn't endd up in your spam folder.

If you did reply to the automated email, can you let us know your case number (#) and we can get that chased up for you? 

Peter

Yes I replied to the automatic reply (even though it specifically says not to reply because nobody will read it... WTF?) and yes I have checked my spam filter.

My initial submission generated two case numbers (01135804 and 01135893) for some reason, and my later inquiry as to why nobody has contacted me to help has the following case number 01138871.

Marked as solution

Escalating those for you now. 

Peter

Thank you, it looks l ike the problem is resolved now.

I also did the same thing, and this was 3 days ago. Replied to the automated email and still have not heard a thing back yet, I even checked my spam folder, nothing.. my case number is 01133776, is there any way you could help me move this along?

Fingers crossed whoever picks up this escalation will also check out this case for you. If you have replied to the automated email it will definitely be in the case queue.

Peter

I really hope so because this is very aggravating and its getting close to a week now with no response whatsoever.. kblavelle if you don't mind me asking, they had your premium transferred to the correct account? And about how long did you wait after the case number was escalated for you? Just trying to get an idea of how much longer this may take.

If you don't hear anything back by tomorrow evening give us a shout here and either myself or another rock star can escalate this further for you.

Peter

PouringReign, problem was fixed within a few hours of Peter's post saying that my issue had been escalated. Hopefully your issues is resolved too by now

It has been 3 days now since my last post and I still have had no response from support, can someone please escalate this for me? 

I will escalate it now for you @PouringReign .

Peter

Suggested posts