Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Premium payment rejected, error: "Oops, seems your card or payment provider is having a bad day."

Premium payment rejected, error: "Oops, seems your card or payment provider is having a bad day."

My Spotify app (OS X) threw up a warning saying my Premium payment didn't go through, so I reinput my card details and it gave me this error: "Oops, seems your card or payment provider is having a bad day. Don't worry, no money has been charged. Try again or use another payment method." Others have also been having this problem, and I've already contacted Visa and Wells Fargo with a confirmation from them saying this is not an issue on their side. My card works for other payments. Anything I can do? I love Spotify and I would hate to have to switch to another service because of this issue.

10 Replies

Had the same problem and exactly the same response from my bank...Spotify keeps rejecting my card. Where can we get help??

I am having a similar issue. I'm trying to purchase a gift subscription and getting the same error message. My card is fine, I called the bank. No attempts have been declined on their end. The issue is clearly with spotify. Meanwhile, I've been using the same card for over a year to pay for my own premium subscription, with no issues. Very strange. Hope we can get a resolution, but it appears this is a recurring issue with Spotify, based on other threads. I've been a happy customer for a long time but this issue could force me to move to another option.

I have the same issue, but the charge was made and I haven't obtaine premium suscription yet. Im trying to obtain for another movil, last time happened the same in my phone and I tried with another card and I had two charges from you. pls help what I can do

I am having the same issue. Can you please tell me what did you do to solve it?

I just switched to paypal as a payment method!

I have exactly the same problem, actually I gave a new credit card and same messagge... is there any phone or email from Spotify to clarify this....

Hi @varunk1 and all the others going through this issue,

Please try using a different browser in your computer, and don't forget to clean the cache before.

Let me know if this helps!

BittencourtSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
payment.png

Did not work, but thanks a lot, aparently it´s a bug, hopefully tomorrow will work properly

No problem, @obedpalos, you're welcome!

BittencourtSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Paypal was also rejected. I am considering buying gift cards.

Suggested posts