Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Premium student scam

Premium student scam

I am a student at Lancaster County Career & Technology Center. I have been trying to set up Spotify premium as a student for $5 a month and when I go to enter my information it's saying my school is invalid, so I called customer service at 3:00 pm and they told me I need to buy a "key" for them to reset my Spotify and they told me I can purchase an iTunes card for $100 and give them the 16 digits on the card and I'll get my money refunded to my debit card immediately. I was hesitant so they transferred me to Steve from technical support and Steve confirmed that it's 100% safe so I purchased the iTunes card and I read them the 16 digits and they put me on hold.. Steve came back on the phone and told me that I need to purchase another card and now "key" aka another iTunes card for $100 and I said I can't afford to buy another iTunes card. I am a full-time student and working part-time he told me there is nothing he can do without that other key.. So I told him just to refund the money on my card and he said that's fine, it will just take 2-3 hours for the money to refund into my bank account so he asked me for my phone number so they can notify me when the money is refunded. Steve gave me a toll free number to call if the money is not back on debit card. I said okay that's fine.. so I went to work later that day and came out of work, it is now 9:15 pm and noticed the money wasn't in my account yet so I called the toll free number and nobody answered so I Spotify customer service and Larry answered the phone and said the technicians are all "busy" but the money is being refunded and not to worry. He asked me for my phone number so that when the money gets refunded that I will get notified before midnight. So I call it a night and wake up the next day to notice that the money still isn't in my account and now I'm being charged $5.29 each time. I call the toll free number that I was given the day before and nobody answers. So now I'm calling all the Spotify contacts I can reach and can't get a hold of anyone. I have always been using the free Spotify and know that it's a secure app but I've never seen or been through something like this. I truly hope this isn't some type of scam.. 

Brandy B.                                      9/30/2017

2 Replies

This must be a glitch, I got Premium recently and the process went perfectly fine, they charged and in 30 seconds I already had premium. You should spread the word about this on the forums and if enough people like it. Spotify should notice. There is not much you can do saying that you called Customer Service so much. But if they did scam you. You could pursue legal action but I know that would cost a lot. Be patient my friend.

Hey @Brandyb_23,

Thanks for reaching out.

Spotify currently doesn’t offer telephone support, so I highly recommend reaching out to them via one of the channels below so they can take a closer look at this situation.

Contact form: https://support.spotify.com/contact-spotify-support/?contact
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SpotifyCares/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/spotifycares

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the Knowledgebase or the Spotify Community, you need to reply back to it, even if it's from a no-reply address. Spotify Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts