Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Premium subscription in new country

Premium subscription in new country

If you leave one country where you have a premium subscription and go live in a country where Spotify is not yet located, is it possible to keep the premium subscription by simply changing the method of payment from the old country to a credit card in a country that has Spotify service?

I know it will tell you that you need to upgrade after 14 days. I'm going to a country with no Spotify but service bit have US based credit cards I can use for payment. Currently, our account is in Malaysia and the premium subscription is part of our monthly bill. I desperately want to keep using the premium service and pay with my US based credit card as I have over 5000 songs on my playlists. 

Thanks 

3 Replies

Hey @rodiy2k! Welcome to the community!

Great question! - You can just change your country to USA and then change your credit card to a US one as well. Read more about that here. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Take care! 🙂

HuboSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hello

Thanks for the response. I'm familiar with the settings to change country so I have three further questions

1) When I change my country back to the USA and provide a new credit card will my existing profile with all its playlists stay as is assuming I never log out (I have no idea what my user login or password is so I never log off when I use the app)

2) after changing country and payment method to a USA carrot card, will the app see I'm logging on using an ISP from overseas and kick me off the premium service after a certain amount of time or will it not care because I'm paying for USA premium subscription service despite not logging on from the USA which allows me to use downloaded tunes anywhere in the world? 

3) Is it best to wait until after the last day of the current subscription service in Malaysia before changing the country or will the premium account disappear completely in which case I'd change the country while still paying for my current overseas premium subscription?

Sorry for so many questions and are you confident in your answers?

Thanks 

Hey @rodiy2k!

Great questions! - Alright, for the first one, your playlists will always be saved in your Spotify account. So, you can log out and they'll be saved and back when you log back in. (your username is shown here.)

For questions number two: you can travel as long as you'd like with Premium, so you won't be kicked off, no matter what country you're in. Spotify Free can travel up to 14 days without being logged out.

And for number three: you don't have to wait until your subscription is running out. You can change your country whenever you'd like.

Let me know if anything's unclear!

Have a safe travel! 🙂

HuboSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts