Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Premium subscription not working

Solved!

Premium subscription not working

I upgraded to Spotify premium 2 days ago. It is recognized on my account when I log into Spotify in my web browser, but fails to show in the application on my Mac, on my phone and in my pad. I sent a query yesterday asking for this to be rectified but have not received a response. I am bitterly disappointed by the customer service that Spotify fail to offer am am quite honestly disgusted that I am paying for a service that I am yet to receive. Please look into this issue immediately. I will be expecting a refund for every second of premium that I have paid for but not received. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there - So I can confirm your account has definitely been upgraded to Premium. 

Please perform a quick clean reinstallation on your phone and iPad. Then be sure you're signing in with your 'jamesoroberts1234' username (not your email address). 

If you're still having trouble give me a shout. 

View solution in original post

18 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi there - So I can confirm your account has definitely been upgraded to Premium. 

Please perform a quick clean reinstallation on your phone and iPad. Then be sure you're signing in with your 'jamesoroberts1234' username (not your email address). 

If you're still having trouble give me a shout. 

Hi

Can I say I have the same problem but have noticed it for a few days now.  Spotify works fine on my PC but, while the App works on my iPad, I can't get it to play an music.  Should it do that, it will only do it once for about 30-60 seconds before it stops playing.  Even at this stage, the rest of the App is functional so it hasn't "locked up".

I did a clean install as recommended but to no avail.

Any ideas?

JIm

Hi JimC_WA - Your account is also on Premium. 

Can you confirm which app version you've currently got installed? Have you synced any playlists for offline use on that iPad yet?

Hi

The App version is 0.5.9.10.   No I haven't tried to sync any playlists for offline use yet but will give it a go. 

Further to my earlier post, I have also just noticed that when I first load the App and play a song from the "What's New" selection, it will play the first song and then load the details of the next song, with the "pause" button showing but it doesn't move past the 0:00 sec position.  If I click on the "next song" button, it progresses but once again stays at the 0:00 sec position (ie no movement or sound).  This applies when playing in the "Radio" section too.

Cheers

Jim

Hi, I can confirm that down loaded tracks work fine (with the wifi off).  Cheers, Jim

Hi

In the last week or so, Spotify has stopped working properly on my iPad 2 (OIS 5.1). I did a clean install (0.5.9.10) but the Apponly plays one track and then fails to go past the "0:00 sec" for the second track.  Despite this, I can move around the App with clicking the next track button resultininto the loading of the details but not playing.

I did try downloading songs from a playlist last night. That worked fine but I didn'ttreatise the tracks stopped playing after about 1:30  +/- 5 sec. While I could move to the next track itwould lonely play for a minute and a half too.

My PC works fine so it's not the wifi so I am lost for ideas!

Cheers

Jim

Hi JimC_WA - Is this happening when you play tracks from the Spotify library or local files? Or both?

Have you tried switching your stream quality to 'Normal' within your settings? Once you've played a few tracks and you can change the quality back to whatever you'd like. 

Hi Meredith

Thanks for your assistance. The stream quality was and is 'normal'.  I guess I am streaming from downloaded Spotify music as I don't have any of my own music on the iPad.

Cheers

Jim

Hi

In case someone else follows this posting and wondered if I managed to resolve this most annoying problem, the answer is eventually, yes!  A simple delete and reinstall failed to clear what ever was the cause of the problem. However, if I powered  down the iPad before reinstalling, that fixed the issue.  Everything is back to working as it should  🙂

Jim

hello,

I have received a confirmation from paypal of a premium upgrade, but am unable to access premium. 

Please help

Adam

I just finished my two day free trial of spotify. Now i went to go with the premium option and put my card.info in and it said i was to start the thirty day free trial of spotify premium. So when i go into my spotify account it says its a premium account but when i go to use music on demand it says i dont have a premium account. I use spotify on my mobile device, please help fix my account

Hey my account says its premium but when i go to use music on demand it says i have to upgrade to a premium account. So i went into my apps and did the clear data/uninstall/reinstall and im still having the same problem, please help

@kmiske13 wrote:
Hey my account says its premium but when i go to use music on demand it says i have to upgrade to a premium account. So i went into my apps and did the clear data/uninstall/reinstall and im still having the same problem, please help

Hey! 🙂 

Sometimes it can just take a while for all devices to realise you have premium. Is it working now?

If not, try logging out of the Spotify client (on your mobile), fully powering off the device and back on again, then signing into Spotify again.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hi guys,

Are you still having trouble? Have you logged out and in again?

It should upgrade almost immediately, but there can be a slight delay occasionally.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

I just got a new credit card, so i changed the card for my acct.  and resuscribed to premium, however, te app on my android does not recognize that i have premium.

@ehaase wrote:

I just got a new credit card, so i changed the card for my acct.  and resuscribed to premium, however, te app on my android does not recognize that i have premium.

Have you tried the steps of logging out, restarting your device and logging in again suggested above? 

Peter

Peter

I just subscribed through my phone service to spotify but the app doesn't recognize that im a subscriber I got a text from boku saying I'm subscribed and I also called them and told me the same thing Idk why its not working but if u could please fixthis that qouldbe great I also already reinstalled the app and cleared the data and still nothing

@chrisbriseno_07 wrote:
I just subscribed through my phone service to spotify but the app doesn't recognize that im a subscriber I got a text from boku saying I'm subscribed and I also called them and told me the same thing Idk why its not working but if u could please fixthis that qouldbe great I also already reinstalled the app and cleared the data and still nothing

Are you sure you are logging in using the details that Boku have upgraded?

If you are logging into the correct account your online overview subscription status should say premium via a partner service. 

Peter

Peter

Suggested posts