Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Premium subscription payment problem

Premium subscription payment problem

Hi,

I had a premium subscription with an offer from my phone carrier for a while but it's over now. I wanted to subscribe again but I'm facing some problems. I currently have a Swiss credit card but I'm studying in Germany.
I want to benefit from the Unidays offer but the card is not accepted since it doesn't match my current country. If I change my country back to Switzerland, I cannot access the offer and only see the Swiss offers (which don't include the student offer). 
I tried the other methods of payement which include a bill sent to my place but I'm again faced with an error:

Ups, Deine Karte oder Dein Zahlungsanbieter scheinen einen schlechten Tag zu haben. Keine Sorge, die Karte wurde nicht belastet. Versuchs noch mal oder verwende eine andere Zahlungsmethode.

Is there a way to be able to activate this offer in Germany while paying with a Swiss credit card ? Or is there a way to make the paper bill work ?

Thank you in advance for the help.
Rui

2 Replies

Hi, and welcome to the community!

Unfortunately not, the only way to make this work is your country in Spotify matching the country of your payment. You should however be able to change your account country to Switzerland and then pay with the swiss card, however that does mean you'll have access to the swiss Spotify catalogue rather than the german one.

Anthony

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

Thank you for your answer.

I was finally able to use the Klarna method of payment by changing my phone number format.

Cheers,
Rui

Suggested posts