Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Premium-to-Free problems need to be escalated to Spotify executive management

Premium-to-Free problems need to be escalated to Spotify executive management

Over the past week, there seem to be a lot of folks jumping on this forum to complain about problems related to Premium accounts turning into Free accounts, although the accounts are paid premium. I myself have a family plan that turned Free three days after a valid PayPal payment. If there are a certain number of people complaining here, there must be many others who are experiencing the same problems.

In many cases, like myself, there has been a stunning lack of reply from Spotify, even after opening a ticket through the official channels. Even tweeting @spotifycares seems to have no success, as it's the "Account Team" who are responsible.

Possibly related, some folks with this issue are getting emails saying that they signed up for Spotify using an "unofficial vendor", even though they have been paying Spotify for premium accounts for some time, and in most cases signed up for Spotify directly.

When opening a ticket, a canned response is given pointing directly to this forum, and then similarly a canned response is given here by moderators to open up a ticket. It's a nonsense support model.

These problems, and especially the lack of response, are unacceptable, and need to be escalated to a senior management team member immediately. With the streaming music marketplace becoming more competitive by the day, Spotify can't afford to miss a step. People are paying for service, and they are not getting what they paid for. That is not only unacceptable but illegal in many jurisdictions.

In writing this, I'm hoping someone on the board can forward this to a Spotify executive who can take control of this situation, and most importantly start to communicate to a lot of frustrated members.

Clayton

35 Replies

I to have experienced this problem or several months. The payments are coming out of my bank account yet I am still getting a "free subscription" I think that this not only needs to be brought to the attention of the Spotify management but to law enforcement agencies. Can you imagine the hundreds, if not thousands of people like me and you accross the globe who are being ripped of and the amount of money they are making? This could turn into a major scam by Spotify.

If their accounting system is faulty, it needs a very quick kick up their backside correct it

They are not providing the service that they advertised and as such are in default on their contract, How about we sue them, in a consumer protection court and see what they come up with.

I'm having the same issues and getting the same lack of response from Spotify.  I'm being charged through PayPal for Premium Family Plan, but our account is listed as "free".  I'm currently unable to add any additioal devices to the plan, so paying a premium amount of money, but unable to take advantage of the expected services.  I've tried contacting Spotify through there web "contact form" but just get the standard automatic reply with unhelpful links and tips.  Wished I could just talk to a human so they could straigten this out.  Will probably cancel my account soon if this doesn't get resolved.  

Steve

I too are having this same problem I received an email from Spotify selling family premium for 14:99 and as I have 2 sons thought it was a good idea. So took it out. I stopped my usual 9:99 premium payment and now have no premium account. I'm an iPhone user and I could have use the iPhone music but as I have been with Spotify for over 4 years I thought I stay loyal, it's a shame they are not looking after their customers as if this isn't sorted soon I'm off. This is the second problem I have had with payments in the last 6 months it's not very good. Sharon Rolls

I agree. If there's a problem fix it! That's what we're paying for.
Also. Maybe get a better help line so people aren't frustrated paying for something they aren't getting

You are spot on.. I am about ready to jump ship. Do you know of other music apps. That allow down loads for playlists when we are camping with no internet connections avalable

I too have paid for premium service and am for some reason subscribed as 'free.' I am a new user, but not for long if they can't get me arranged on premium.

I was customer of theirs for 6 years and I have left over this as this was the second time there was a problem. Feel very disappointed.
Thanks for you response x

Same problem here. Although we've had the family premium plan for more than an year, one of my guests just had his account turned free suddenly. He's tryed everything but had no success. 

I sent a message on the Twitter to @SpotifyCares and they were very fast to solve my problem. I suggest you to do the same. 

i have the same problem.. No one is helping.. 

hi,

will you also help me about this issue?

I lost access to my Premium service in early February despite payments continuing on my credit card. I just tweeted @spotifycares. I hope they resolve this soon!

I have the same problem with my Spotify Family: members of my family are getting the Free...for which I am paying. It is a total ripp off; if that continues Spotify should get a class action. And of course there is no way to access someone at Sptofy other than expressing furstration in this forum.

You took money off my debit card but I'm only getting free. When will my premium be back 

I just have the same problem... I have the feeling there is nothing you can do about it! 
I would like to contact them by phone which isn't available...

Utterly shame!

They fixed it for me! I tweeted the problem to their account and someone followed up.

Suggested posts