Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Premium upgrade isn't recognized on phone

Solved!

Premium upgrade isn't recognized on phone

Hi I recently just purchased the premium upgrade and it works perfectly fine on my computer but not on the app on my phone. The app seems to think I still haven't upgraded when I have. I've tried logging out and logging back in on app and even deleting the app and re-downloading it. I know I've seen a couple of other posts regarding this issue but I can't seem to find the answer for how to have my phone recognize that I have premium now. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! -Leah

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

The 10 digit username almost always points to a Facebook created account. If you log in using Facebook do you see your Premium?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

I tried this a few hours ago and didn't worked, I did it again now and it works... maybe you have to wait for subscription alignment. .. tks

View solution in original post

14 Replies

Are you logging in with the correct credentials? What username does your email receipt from spotify show?

I had a gift card and my upgrade was successful on the Web, but on mobile app I'm still a free account..Please help!

I also have the receipt sent to me via email!

The receipt quotes a spotify username or a 10 digit username? Does it show you have a premium subscription on this page (not Unlimited)?

Hi, it shows a 10 digit username. If I follow that link I see that the subscription is a Free one at the moment.

How can I understand on which account I activated the promotional code? 

Tks

Marked as solution

The 10 digit username almost always points to a Facebook created account. If you log in using Facebook do you see your Premium?

Peter

Marked as solution

I tried this a few hours ago and didn't worked, I did it again now and it works... maybe you have to wait for subscription alignment. .. tks

Please help!!

I upgraded on Wednesday to premium with order ID - 372877927015

I deleted apps on both my iPhones and they still arent registering to premium,

I am going overseas and need to make some offline playlists quick help!!! 

@rachesteph - Is your account showing as premium on your online overview?

If it is showing as premium then you should be good to go! Sometimes a quick log out and back in again is needed. If you are still having issues, try a clean reinstallation of the application. 

If your account is still showing as free then you have not logged into the account you have upgraded. Double check your details, its amazingly easy to accidentally have two accounts, one with a Spotify username and another using your Facebook details. If you can't find your account, don't subscribe again as you might be billed twice, instead get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they will be able to lend a hand.

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Alternatively, if you prefer support via Twitter, please tweet @SpotifyCares.

Peter

Is there a phone number to talk to somebody to find out why I am getting advertising on my account all suddenly after paying for premium for over a year..., I want to talk to a person not text some one...can anyone help me to solve my problem please.

Spotify doesn't offer telephone support but you can get direct support from spotify hereIf you get an automated response directing you back to the community or to the help pages, please reply to it and you will hear back shortly. Alternatively, you can get in touch by tweeting @SpotifyCares.

What does it show under subscription status on this page and what username does it show?

I'm having exactly the same problem except it doesn't recognise it on my laptop either. I have my receipt that says I have paid for my upgrade. The upgrade did actually work for about a week, however it has stopped working now. Very annoyed that I've paid and I'm not receiving the service 😞 

@user-removed - What username is shown on the email receipt?

Peter

I logged in several times using my user name and password.  It wasn't until I logged in using Facebook, that my premium membership was recognized on my phone.

I bought premium but when I log in it says wrong email or password

Suggested posts