Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Premium uppgrade

Solved!

Premium uppgrade

Hej, I just upgraded to premium and invited my two kids. We all have separate accounts today. Will the accounts automatically change into premium? No risk for double charges? Best Regards ilona

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @ilona1,

When they accept the invite, they're added to Premium for Family straight away. They won't be charged for your account any further - Their payments are handled by the plan owner (you). Any Premium time they have remaining will resume if they leave Premium for Family.

Note: If your kids purchased the Premium subscription via a gift card or e-card, they'll lose any remaining Premium time when accepting an invite to Premium for Family.

However, if their Premium subscription is currently handled by a third party - such as iTunes or your mobile operator - they'll need to contact them to cancel their Premium first.

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey @ilona1,

When they accept the invite, they're added to Premium for Family straight away. They won't be charged for your account any further - Their payments are handled by the plan owner (you). Any Premium time they have remaining will resume if they leave Premium for Family.

Note: If your kids purchased the Premium subscription via a gift card or e-card, they'll lose any remaining Premium time when accepting an invite to Premium for Family.

However, if their Premium subscription is currently handled by a third party - such as iTunes or your mobile operator - they'll need to contact them to cancel their Premium first.

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts