Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Premium user living abroad, can no longer access account after software update

Premium user living abroad, can no longer access account after software update

I recently purchased Spotify Premium before moving from the U.S.A. to Brazil, and was pleased to be able to access my music as I was settling in.  However, after a routine software update, I was informed that I was no longer able to log in because "Spotify is not available in my country".  I don't remember seeing anything warning against software updates abroad in the Premium section.  Suggestions?? Thanks!

4 Replies

@lindsaylou-who wrote:

I recently purchased Spotify Premium before moving from the U.S.A. to Brazil, and was pleased to be able to access my music as I was settling in.  However, after a routine software update, I was informed that I was no longer able to log in because "Spotify is not available in my country".  I don't remember seeing anything warning against software updates abroad in the Premium section.  Suggestions?? Thanks!

You should use a proxy to login, and I'll escalate this 🙂

Liam

Can you just double check that your account is on premium on your online overview and you are logging in using the correct details? 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hi Lindsay,

I've had a little look at your account on our system and I can see that your Premium subscription is healthy and well.

Please start off with a good ol' fashioned reinstallation of Spotify:

http://support.spotify.com/learn-more/faq/#!/article/reinstallation-of-spotify

When this is done, give logging in another go and keep us updated with how you get on.

Best wishes,

Jamie

--------------------------------------------------------------

For Twitter support, find us at @SpotifyCares.

Follow me on Spotify.

Hey! 🙂 

Just having a think about this, if you got pushed to the new web/desktop preview client it might not work in Brazil since the web player is only available in launch countries. 

If you are using Windows:

Can you try uninstalling Spotify and then reinstalling using this installer: http://download.spotify.com/Spotify%20Installer.exe and see if it will then let you log in? 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts