Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Premium vanished

Premium vanished

I've been using premium for about 5 years now, paid roughly €600 for using it, and still think it's totally worth it! Today I found out my account has been set to 'free' for some reason. Why did this happen? Did something go wrong, or should I just upgrade to premium again?

12 Replies

I've just discovered I'm having the same issue since the weekend - getting ads etc! I'm emailing support now for what it's worth as confirmed payment went out on the 5th of April for my account.

@aap80 @mdrawbridge

Normally this happens when a duplicate account exists, one with a spotify username / password and one with your facebook details.

Just logout, and log back in using the account login that appears in your spotify receipt email, which should be your original spotify username. That's the one with the Premium features.

Look for this in your email receipt for your subscription purchase:

Username/ID:        xxxxxxx

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks for the reply.
However, logging out and back in again makes no difference. I still see all of my playlists and saved songs (which i don't if logging in with Facebook), but I no longer have the premium features like not having to shuffle and the option to take offline.
Like @aap80, I have had spotty for years now but it literally just stopped working without any changes on my part. I've tried again this morning and it's still not working. I'm going to have paypal try roll back this month's payment at this rate.

That happened to me this morning too 😞 

I've been premium for years and now I can only use it with an upgrade paying more money than before.

Need a solution, please!

😞 

Thanks for the reply. I had already tried that, without succes. It's the same problem as @mdrawbridge has. Looks like my automatic payment also stopped before this month, though. I guess I should just re-subscribe?

@mdrawbridge

You can login to the website to check the status of your subscription here:

and also check your receipts here:

With that info,you should contact customer support through this link:

https://support.spotify.com/contact-spotify-support/

They'll help you out.

If you get an automated email directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you.

osorniosSpotify Star

@piratella

The first step is to make sure you're using your premium-paid username to login. You can find it in any of your receipts that you receive via email. Have you used facebook lately to login?

Next, you can login to the website to check the status of your subscription here:

and also check your receipts here:

osorniosSpotify Star

Well, I just jump on this train then: I'm downgraded to Free without any mail regarding to possible payment trouble. Furthermore I can't select PayPal as payment method anymore. Since there have been Zero changes on my PayPal/Banking-settings, and thanks to the generic error message (that is no help at all) I have no idea how to fix this (no, I don't want to use my debit card instead).

EDIT: I never use(d) facebook to log in.

@npbrodersen

You should contact customer support through this link:

https://support.spotify.com/contact-spotify-support/

They'll help you out.

If you get an automated email directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you.

osorniosSpotify Star

Well, In my case it was simply the expired student offer, which lasts for one year. Would be helpul if this fact would be brought to my attention via mail or as a rather precise error message. Obviously not "something" was "wrong", "something" was expired 😉 The fact that the paypal-payment-option was not choosable the last two days(just gave another try today - it magically reappeared) just added to the confusion. TL, DR: Case closed, just renewed the student premium-membership ^^

Thanks, I've logged it with them and am waiting for a reply. Hopefully they get back to me as the local premium support email I tried already hasn't rendered any assistance so far.

@mdrawbridge

It takes, at the most, 24 hrs for a reply.

osorniosSpotify Star

Suggested posts