Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Premium will not work

Solved!

Premium will not work

Premium will not work, keeps saying I only have free on my phone even though I have paid and have kept reinstalling and logging in and out!! Have had spotify for a long time now aswell!!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey use the following link to cancel subscription and then re upgrade. This worked for me 

https://www.spotify.com/accounts/subscription/.

After 2 days without premium it was frustrating with the poor customer service.

View solution in original post

15 Replies

My account has the same problem!

Hey,

Ive been having the same problems. Ive been on a subscription. Just about to go out for a run and found ive got no music with free version. I no longer have any credit on my account. What credit. Im confused. If it takes a long time to reply to my message i may consider switching to a RIVAL. Until now its been excellent.

i have also since 25may same problem. i am premium and have family plan but suddenly yesterday I cannot access as premium.

in my account informations i can see that my premium licence is being renewed 25may and the charge will be debited to my credit card. my 2 family members that are part of the family plan, have also same problems. no premium access.

i also uninstalled reinstalled several times, no success.

can anyone tell if this is a temporary problem ?

uninstalling and redownloading did nothing what so ever. The program loads as normal just im only getting the benifits of a free user not subscription. Customer services have also been poor. Would have expected an instant or quick reply considering there position in the market. Not had anything other than an automatic reply.

Hello guys! I suggest you all to contact customer support.

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/?contact
or Twitter @SpotifyCares

If support replies you to check community for a solution or if you received your case number (#XXXXXXXX), please reply back even if there is "no reply" tag and tell that you still need help. If your inbox is empty please check spam.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

If my post helped you to fix your problem, please press "Accept as Solution" button.

I got a Twitter reply a an hour or so later saying they were working on it however I have not had any success 7-8 hours since.

Thanks for the contract link address. I've had the same problem too - with the 25 May 2015 renewal date. I flipped them a message, so hoping we can all get some results soon.

It's very annoying as I need offline mode as 3G signal is not very good where I live

Hey guys,

Read this post for troubleshooting steps and how to contact support if the steps don't work

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Accounts-and-Subscriptions/Just-subscribed-Not-getting-Premium...

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
Marked as solution

Hey use the following link to cancel subscription and then re upgrade. This worked for me 

https://www.spotify.com/accounts/subscription/.

After 2 days without premium it was frustrating with the poor customer service.

Hi Community!

I have had Spotify Premium since it was launched and never had any issues or the need to use the community forum.

But since 25 May 2015 my subscription has been changed to the free account and when I try to re subscribe an error message tells me to email support. Having done this twice now in 4 days and still not recieving a reply i'm lost.........please help 🙂

hi adrianmcg85

when i go there to the link to unsubscribe i get a message that something happened and i shout try later. grrrr.

will keep on trying. thanks

Same for me, that's why I created another account and moved my playlists to it. The good part of this is that I got the $0.99/3months promo.

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Accounts-and-Subscriptions/Stuck-in-FREE-mode/m-p/1141087#M153...

thats a good idea, but I do not want to be charged for 2 accounts. will insist. thanks hint.

@dkenneally

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

If you still have not gotten a reply:

Did you get a confirmation email from the contact form? It should be similar to "Spotify Support Case #XXXXXXX". If so, reply back to that email and tell them you still need help.

If you got an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it saying you still need help, even if it's from a no-reply address.

If you never got an email, look in your spam folder to see if there is an email in there. Make sure you are checking the email account you used to sign up to Spotify. You can check the email on your account here.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts