Announcements
We're aware that some of you are currently experiencing issues with redeeming your gift cards! We'll keep you posted here.

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Premium won't work on my phone

Premium won't work on my phone

Bought premium and it won't work on my phone logged out and back in. Updated and restored spotify still won't work. HELP!
10 Replies

Sorry for the trouble! Premium usually activates instantly. There seems to be a delay right now.

Please be patient and try to log out and back in a few times every once in a while to see if it has activated.

You can also contact support:

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it, even if it's from a no-reply address.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

You can also tweet to @SpotifyCares on Twitter for help.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I replied to the no reply. All they said is look at the community board for help which I did and it hasn't resolved anything. I said that in my reply email

There seems to be a delay right now because there is a larger than normal backlog of payments to process.

Please be patient and try to log out and back in a few times every once in a while to see if it has activated.

Things should be fixed within the next few hours.

MattSudaSpotify Star

Mine isn't working either. Feels like we just got hustled

@user-removed 

You didn't get hustled. This problem is only temporary and you should have premium within several hours. 

MattSudaSpotify Star

Finally got it but it did take several hours without premuim which I paid for.. Do you think any of the people that experienced that will get a extra day of their subscription? Or something that make up for that. It's only fair since we paid for a service we didn't receive till hours later.

@user-removed 

Sorry, but I don't know the answer to that.

I think you should contact the support team and ask them. They will be able to let you know if you can get an extra day or not. I know I keep telling everyone to contact support, but for most of these payment related problems, they are the best people to contact. 

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it, even if it's from a no-reply address.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

You can also tweet to @SpotifyCares on Twitter for help.

MattSudaSpotify Star

Its still not working 12 hrs later. Contacted support. They replied to check the help center and community board as I did already. I replied per your suggestion even though it was DO not reply. Tried logging out and in every hour. Nothing. I'm A little upset. And from what the board looks like, lots of people are too. I hope they address thi asap. I too kind of feel like we got hustled.

If all contact support is doing is sending out replies to check the community board, they're gonna alienate tons of people.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Premium usually activates instantly 99% of the time.

Today there is a huge backlog the system has to process and it's causing a huge temporary delay. 

MattSudaSpotify Star

Suggested posts