Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Price change with no notice

Price change with no notice

I've been a subscriber since October 2011, and have been paying $4.99 a month the whole time. I had the Unlimited plan before that option was phased out. But starting in April of this year, I'm suddenly being charged $9.99 a month. This price change happened without any notification. I understand that Premium service costs $9.99, and I might have been fine with that if someone had let me know, but changing a recurring payment without even telling me about it is not okay. 

5 Replies

Hey @apgoldst

I suggest you contact support so they can help you

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it, even if it's from a no-reply address.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks, Matt. I just sent a message, so we'll see what they have to say.

Just in case anyone with the same issue is curious, I got a response from support. The reason for the change was that my credit card expired recently. When I changed my payment info, they updated my plan to Premium. Still happened without notice, which is irritating, but at least it wasn't completely arbitrary. 

So did they give you back the 4.99 a month deal back? And how so so I can fix mine. Thank you

No, sadly they did not. I got 2 months of premium for free as consolation
but then it will be $9.99 per month again.

Suggested posts