Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Pricing currency

Solved!

Pricing currency

I'm confused by the pricing.......

$12.99 per month.......is that USD or NZD?  It makes a difference!  How can someone tell which currency is being quoted?  Surely it would be easy to add the currency symbols to the pricing plan details eg "$USD 12.99" to make the pricing structure completely plain and transparent.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Sorry, I am a user based in the US, and from what I know here, the price on the website is 9.99 USD and the price in the iOS app via iTunes is 12.99 USD. I forgot to check the price on the New Zealand website.

The price of Spotify varies between country based on the economy in the country.

Spotify has a different website for each country, so that the pricing shown is for the country. 

I just checked the New Zealand website and the price is $12.99 NZD. The price listed is correct.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

12.99? Premium costs 9.99

Are you trying to subsribe through the iPad or iPhone app? It costs more because Apple charges a fee.

It is cheapest to subscribe to premium on the Spotify website.

If you have already subscribed in the iOS app, I suggest you cancel and resubscribe through the Spotify website.

To cancel your subscription, you need to cancel it from iTunes. Your subscription is being handled by Apple.

Information on how to do this can be found here:

http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202039

http://www.imore.com/how-cancel-or-modify-itunes-or-app-store-subscription-right-your-iphone-or-ipad

MattSudaSpotify Star

No, I'm not accessing Spotify through the iOS platform......windows (PC & laptop) or Android (phone & tablet) so I doubt this is the reason for the difference in cost.  

Yes - Spotify is definitely being charged up at $12.99.  All it would need to say is "$NZD12.99" or "$USD9.99" to eliminate any misunderstanding or confusion about the pricing.  I am thinking about subscribing from New Zealand.  How do I know if the quoted price is NZD or some other curreny?

Marked as solution

Sorry, I am a user based in the US, and from what I know here, the price on the website is 9.99 USD and the price in the iOS app via iTunes is 12.99 USD. I forgot to check the price on the New Zealand website.

The price of Spotify varies between country based on the economy in the country.

Spotify has a different website for each country, so that the pricing shown is for the country. 

I just checked the New Zealand website and the price is $12.99 NZD. The price listed is correct.

MattSudaSpotify Star

Thanks for the reply 🙂  I think what has just happened is that you have seen first hand what I see as the issue!  A lack of clarity about which currency is being quoted.  All I'm suggesting is that - to make it perfectly clear at the outset - Spotify (and, I would like to propose, all companies engaging in web/international trade!) quote the currency being used.  I have no idea where to direct this suggestion so thought I would just put it out there!

You're welcome.

Thanks for the feedback.

MattSudaSpotify Star

Yes I am trying find out also, premium is $11.99 and family $17.99, but is that USD or AUD. If the pricing is Australian $$$ then it is a set price but if US Dollars then it becomes hard to budget as the exchange rate is constantly changing.

Suggested posts