Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Privacy for Family Subscription

Privacy for Family Subscription

Hi! If I were to upgrade to a Family Subscription, would I be able to see the other members' profiles? Or would it be the same as before...if I follow them, I get to see their playlists and stuff? I guess what I'm trying to ask is...do we share a password? Is like a Netflix family account or something different? 

3 Replies

@lizareed5

Each family member has to have a separate username and password.

The account that pays then links the other family members to the plan through the Spotify website.

After that, each family member will be able to listen to music at the same time, have different playlists, library and friends.

More details can be found on the FAQ:

https://support.spotify.com/account_payment_help/premium_for_family/premium-for-family/

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thank you!

And if one of the other family members already has a Premium account, they will stop being charaged, correct?

@lizareed5

Yes, if you're invited to a Family plan, your remaining time of your subscription will 'freeze' and will become available once you're out of the Family Premium.

Unless you're paying through a partner o mobile provider. In that case, you'll need to cancel first to join in.

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts