Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Privacy worries and facebook linking

Privacy worries and facebook linking

Just some short feedback as I am cancelling my Spotify subscription at the end of this month due to the poor privacy offered to paying customers. I will move to Rdio for the time being as they recently launched in Finland. I will consider returning if privacy improves.

I was kind of tired of the constant nagging to link to facebook, which I always denied, because I don't want to do it. Now I'm getting new dialogues which don't even have the deny button, although you can close them from the X in the corner.

I think it's ridiculous Spotify defaults to showing all my playlists and listening habits to other people. Give people a chance to make an informed choice whether they want to do that or not.

I have to separately turn on a private session, and it won't even stay on - spotify automatically toggles it off at given periods!

1 Reply

Spotify actually requires a Facebook link from anyone who signed up after September 22nd 2011, they've devolved into a Facebook feature now. You're lucky you got in before that requirement.

Spotify is no longer a music streaming service - it's a music sharing service.

Suggested posts