Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Private messages have disappeared

Private messages have disappeared

Here in the Spotify Community, all of my private messages have disappeared, both those I sent and those I received. When I click on <messages>, I get a screen that says "Private Messages," but there are no messages listed, and no links for <sent> or <new> or <inbox> or anything that was there just a couple days ago. I sent a private message to another user about a half hour ago, and it is not appearing on the <messages> screen.

Is anyone experiencing this?

I am using a desktop PC running Windows 7 Pro, with Firefox 70.0.1. I have loaded the site in Internet Explorer 11, and got the same results. I have cleared my cookies and cache in Firefox, closed Firefox completely and started from the beginning, logging into spotify.com and then into the Community. Same results. I have attached a screenshot.

191109_screenshot.png
5 Replies

Chrome and Macbook user here. The notif icon is showing, but nothing shows up when I click the inbox. So far you and I are the only ones experiencing this. I'd prob just give it a day or two to fix itself.

I'm having the same issue as well, on a Macbook using Firefox

AdamDamSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I'm been having the exact same issue for like 2 days now and I'm on a HP using Chrome!

Follow me

I am surprised and disappointed that none of the Rock Stars or moderators have responded to this issue...

@Billy-J, should we try it in an incognito window?

(Oh, wait... we already did that.)

Should we try a different browser?

(Ummm... we did that, too.)

Is Spotify looking into it?

Can we rest assured that you've alerted the right folks, @Billy-J?

Wait... guys... I'm using Chrome on my phone since I'm at work right now (wasn't working on my phone before either) and my messages are back! You guys should check yours too! 

Follow me

Suggested posts