Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Problem Applying Student Discount after Verification

Problem Applying Student Discount after Verification

I've gone to the student discount verification page and it says I've been verified. Then it says click here to start using the discount. When I click on it then it takes me back to my account page and the subscription details reflect the $9.99 cost. I haven't gotten any email or directions on how to apply the discount. 

Customer service has replied to me emails and to try verifying it again. The problem is not getting verification, the problem is making it so when I go to enter payment information, it displays the cost as $4.99.

10 Replies

Hi there welcome,

I would recommend to reply back to the e-mail you received from Spotify CS. They can take a look into your account.

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
Last.fm | Twitter

Backstage Intro - Meet Jordi!
What's it like to be in a Spotify Office?

Did I help? Please add a like!
Did I solve your issue? Please accept as the solution!

I have emailed back and forth with them multiple times and they don't seem to understand the problem. They keep telling me to try a different way of verifying (which I have) but getting verification is not what I am struggling with.

I am having the same problem. It tells me "success you've been verified" and "click here to get the discount". I click there, login in, and then it just takes me to the account settings screen. I'm not sure what to do either.

@user-removed @user-removed 

I have forwarded your post to the support team at Spotify. Hopefully someone will be in contact here soon.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi @user-removed 

Can you send us the case number for the e-mail that you sent? We'll look into this. 

I'm having the same exact problem- it tells me I'm verified, but just brings me back to the Account Settings screen and continues to tell me I will be charged $12.99 again at the end of the month. I signed up through iTunes, but had them cancel it and three separate representatives told me it was cancelled, yet it still shows up as being active on my Spotify "manage subscription" page. 

I've sent several e-mails to support and they keep telling me to go back to Apple, which is clearly not the solution.

Hey @user-removed ,

Please get in touch with our support team via: https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-account/, regarding this. They'll be able to help. 

Hey @user-removed , thanks for getting in touch. Our support team has responded to you via e-mail. Please have a look. We hope things will be resolved for you soon.  

I AM GETTING SO ANGRY. I am having the same exact problem. I have been verified that I am a college student and then I signed up for the student discount through the student discount web page. It said to start enjoying spotify as a student ... click here or whatever and I did. I have been verified but the option to pay the 4.99 is not coming up. Spotify has already charged me 10 dollars even though I am a verified student in the USA. !!!! I sent an email and no one has responded. Someone please look into my account ASAP. Thank you guys and sorry for my angry rant. 

Nicole

@vnicole 

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

If you still have not gotten a reply:

Did you get a confirmation email from the contact form? It should be similar to "Spotify Support Case #XXXXXXX". If so, reply back to that email and tell them you still need help.

If you got an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it saying you still need help, even if it's from a no-reply address.

If you never got an email, look in your spam folder to see if there is an email in there. Make sure you are checking the email account you used to sign up to Spotify. You can check the email on your account here.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts