Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Problem Plan owner of family subscription

Problem Plan owner of family subscription

We have a family plan but the plan owner has lost access to her playlists and can not retrieve her account. How do we rectify.

Plan

Premium

Country

UK

Device

Ipad

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

8 Replies

Hey @user-removed, and welcome to the community.

Hope you’re doing great!

Can you tell me what happens when they try to log into their account? Also, does using another browser or incognito mode help?

Keep me posted 🙂

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Please give us a little more information. Did the owner lost access because the account was canceled? Or did they simply forgot their password? If they forgot their password, simply click on the button "forgot password," and then follow instructions. Once the owner regains access, they can go to their web account and restore old playlists (if they have been deleted).

Hi

All the family members can log in and access their playlists. I am the plan owner paying the month subscription and no longer can access my playlist or find the premium family account.

Thanks

Frostie

If you remember the email you used, try to reset your password from the Spotify applicaiton itself. The email is very important, because it is associated with the master account.

I just remembered.... How many family members are using your Spotify? If I'm not mistaken, you have a maximum of 6 family members. Also, I believe there is only one license per user.. Meaning, only one person can use one device at a time. It can be possible that you can't log in because the licenses are max out. But, try resetting your password first, just to rule that out.

Let me know if you're still having issues after that. If you've confirmed that you're sing the correct email address. I have an idea you can try..

Thank you for this advice, but that's where the problem lies!!!! The email we assumed we had used, and written down, doesn't seem to be correct so we are not getting anywhere!!!!!
Just want to be able to speak to Spotify direct!!!

Oh, I see...... Ok... Contact customer service chat directly through the link below. If you've correctly filled out your personal information at sign-up, they should be able to look you up.

https://support.spotify.com/contact-spotify-support/

Try using Facebook to login..im finding email login and facebook login are not the same. Every other company that uses facebook social login pulls the data to create the user, for some reason Spotify doesn't and creates 2 different types of users..  

Customer support will tell him/her definitively which account is the master account attached to her credit card or paypal account.

Suggested posts