Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Problem Resubsceibing to Spotify

Problem Resubsceibing to Spotify

I left Spotify Premium for a month or two to try out Apple Music. It was a mistake. I've cancelled my Apple Music subscription and I want to reactivate my Spotify Premium subscription.

Here's the problem I've had over the last couple of days: every time I try to enter in my credit card info in order to resubsribe to Premium, I get an error page from Spotify that says JavaScript must be enabled to continue with the transaction, and then takes me back to the previous page. I am using Safari on a Mac, JavaScript enabled.

Here's what I've tried:
Turning JavaScript off and on again.
Restarting Safari.
Restarting my computer.
Clearing my coche and cookies.
Using the latest version of Chrome.
Trying in Private Browsing / Incognito modes.
Using Safari on my iPhone.
Clearing cache and cookies on my iPhone.
Logging out and back into Spotify.

All return with the same error page on the Spotify website. I am using a card that works, allows online purchases, has available credit, etc. Card works, I have used it more than once since I've been having trouble with Spotify.

I contact Spotify support via email yesterday, started a dialogue with someone named Michael. They gave me the normal troubleshooting spiel, nothing worked. They then said that they could reset my account to see if that helped. I asked if that would clear my playlists, because I'd like to keep those. They never replied, and it's been a day and a half since I heard from them.

This is getting really frustrating. I mean, I want to give my money to Spotify - don't you want it?

Please help me, I'm considering going back to Apple Music.
1 Reply

Hi tifoco!

Don't worry, you will be soon enjoying all the Premium goodness. On your browser go to Tools, then Add ons and finally disable everything you see there. If that doesn't work, you could try a different browser or device. Tell me if that did the job, please.

Have a great day!

Suggested posts