Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Problem hacked account

Solved!

Problem hacked account

English

Hi, I have a problem with Spotify security ...
Today is the second time I find another device that I do not know, so my profile has been hacked, also I am also logged in with Facebook, I hope they do not even take that password.
However there is no way to solve? Because I can not change password every day, 2-factor authentication does not even exist .. so there must be a solution, otherwise it does not even make sense to pay Spotify Premium for someone else who is not me

Italian

Salve, ho un problema con la sicurezza di Spotify...
Oggi è la seconda volta che trovo un altro dispositivo che non conosco, dunque il mio profilo è stato hackerato, inoltre sono anche loggato con Facebook, spero non prendano anche quella password.
Comunque non c'è un modo di risolvere? Perchè non posso poter cambiare ogni giorno password, l'autenticazione a 2 fattori nemmeno esiste.. dunque una soluzione ci deve essere, altrimenti non ha nemmeno senso pagare Spotify Premium per qualcun'altro che non sono io

WhatsApp-Image-2019-01-23-at-15.09.56.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @Eustass!

I'm sorry to hear you think someone else may have gained access to your Spotify account. I'd recommend checking out this Support article for the next steps to take.

Let me know how things go!

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hey there @Eustass,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community!

Keep in mind that sometimes Spotify shows devices in close range in Devices Available (find this in the Now Playing bar on mobile, or by clicking  in the bottom-right on desktop). 

Don’t worry, any devices in this list that aren’t yours do not have access to your account.

If you prefer, you can toggle on the setting to Show local devices only. This means your app will not try to find nearby devices that aren’t on the same internet connection as you.

Here's how:

1. Tap Home Got Premium? Tap Your Library 
  2. Tap the Settings icon:
  3. Tap Devices.
  4. Switch on Show local devices only and then try Connect again.

On another note, if you see a message as well that your account is being used somewhere else, and you don’t recognize that device, you may have left your account logged in on someone else’s device.

In that case, if you don’t have access to that device, you'll need to ask the owner of the device to log out of your account. You can also sign out remotely from your account page and for extra safety, you can change your password.

For more information on this, you can check the support article about your account being used somewhere else.

Let us know how you get on 🙂

Have a lovely day!

KaterinaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi @Eustass!

I'm sorry to hear you think someone else may have gained access to your Spotify account. I'd recommend checking out this Support article for the next steps to take.

Let me know how things go!

Jose_MSpotify Star
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
Marked as solution

Hey there @Eustass,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community!

Keep in mind that sometimes Spotify shows devices in close range in Devices Available (find this in the Now Playing bar on mobile, or by clicking  in the bottom-right on desktop). 

Don’t worry, any devices in this list that aren’t yours do not have access to your account.

If you prefer, you can toggle on the setting to Show local devices only. This means your app will not try to find nearby devices that aren’t on the same internet connection as you.

Here's how:

1. Tap Home Got Premium? Tap Your Library 
  2. Tap the Settings icon:
  3. Tap Devices.
  4. Switch on Show local devices only and then try Connect again.

On another note, if you see a message as well that your account is being used somewhere else, and you don’t recognize that device, you may have left your account logged in on someone else’s device.

In that case, if you don’t have access to that device, you'll need to ask the owner of the device to log out of your account. You can also sign out remotely from your account page and for extra safety, you can change your password.

For more information on this, you can check the support article about your account being used somewhere else.

Let us know how you get on 🙂

Have a lovely day!

KaterinaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts