Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Problem with Spotify premium subscription logging with Movistar

Problem with Spotify premium subscription logging with Movistar

Hello folks,

I have registered upgraded my Spotify account to make it premium, and I will pay it through Spanish mobile operator Movistar instead of paying by credit card or whatever else. But when I try activating the premium subscription I always get an error and thus I can't get it working.  I am already paying for the subscription and the Spanish operator isn't very cooperative.

Please, can you check my Spotify user status? I hope this problem is getting solved as soon as possible

Many thanks,

Luis

4 Replies

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

Are you currently paying for Spotify premium using your credit card? 

Is so, you need to cancel your current subscription from your subscription pages, let your account revert to Spotify free after all of your paid for premium time is used and then re-upgrade using your Movistar instructions. Unfortunately it seems partner companies can't upgrade accounts which already have active subscriptions.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hi Peter,

I had already cancelled my premium subscription two months ago, now I can see it is a free account but I am always getting errors when activating via Movistar. It seems to be a problem that Movistar thinks I have already a premium account and it is refusing to activate it "again". But Movistar says it is a problem of the provider, not theirs 😞

I can't use spotify since April, more or less

Sounds like you might need Spotify to look into your accounts a little closer. If you get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form they will be able to assist you further 😉 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Thank you!

I have written to customer service. I'll let you know if I get any help, I hope it

Cheers

Suggested posts