Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Problem with account name

Solved!

Problem with account name

So, my account name is just numbers (no letters).

I havent set it as that, it just changed for some reason.

My friends also see my name as numbers and I honestly find that really annoying.

This happens on all my devices.

I wanted to email spotify support directly, but I can't find their address so I'm posting here. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @ok_mani.

Thanks for getting back to us 🙂

We noticed that you have a Facebook-created account. Just to confirm, did you use to see your Facebook username appear instead of the numbers? 

If so, do you mind heading to your account overview page here and checking that you've enabled Facebook data processing?

If it isn't, make sure to toggle it on and give it a few days. If after a few days you don't see any changes, let us know and we'll see what we can suggest next 😉

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Hey @ok_mani, help's here!

Could you send me a screenshot of what you're referring to? Please make sure to hide sensitive info when posting to the community.

🙂

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I have a similar problem, I have 2 accounts with the same e-mail and username, but they are Distinct, now, today I decided to buy a premium sub, on one of them and when trying to log into it on my computer I couldn't. I reset the password, but it reset on the free account, I figgured that maybe if I logged out of the Pro account in my phone I could figure out the password, but no, Now I have both devices logged into my free account and a recently bought but useless premium subscription

Hey @Mushimatosis.

Thanks for posting about this in the Community 🙂

If you can't remember the credentials you used to log in to your Premium account, we suggest you try the steps in this support article to help you recover those credentials.

Once you're able to access it, let us know if you'd like to consolidate the two accounts - we'll let you know how to do it 😉

Sorry i didn't reply sooner, I was a bit busy. Here's a screenshot of my profile taken from mobile.

Screenshot_20190628-153831~2.png
Marked as solution

Hey @ok_mani.

Thanks for getting back to us 🙂

We noticed that you have a Facebook-created account. Just to confirm, did you use to see your Facebook username appear instead of the numbers? 

If so, do you mind heading to your account overview page here and checking that you've enabled Facebook data processing?

If it isn't, make sure to toggle it on and give it a few days. If after a few days you don't see any changes, let us know and we'll see what we can suggest next 😉

Thanks, the toggle switch was off. I will get back to you in a couple days.

Thanks, this issue has already been solved by tech service through twitter

Hey @Mushimatosis.

Glad to hear that our Customer Support team @SpotifyCares was able to help you out with this 🙂

@ok_mani - keep us posted 😉

Thank you so much! It is now fixed.

Hey @ok_mani.

Awesome! Glad to hear it 🙂

spotify:track:0b6UoVjUzFyZNpHI0aAhKt

Suggested posts