Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Problem with connection to Facebook account.

Solved!

Problem with connection to Facebook account.

Good afternoon,

I've made a Spotify account and always log in using it, not my Facebook account. I've already created my playlists and other stuff. But i now i want to follow my Facebook friends and share music with them, so in the section File i've clicked Connect to Facebook button, tried to log in but after several seconds i've got a message "Sorry maxzyk, it's not possible to connect to this Facebook account. To find out how to resolve this, please click here." I "clicked here" and it redirected me to the Error code 101-126, i did exactly what it said in the instructions, but it didn't solve my problem. I tried to connect to Spotify (from desktop on Windows 7) with my Facebook account and it was successful, but of course there was no my old data (playlists) that are stored in my Spotify account. I've searched this problem and saw that some users also have the same headache but i didn't find the solution. I want to connect my old Spotify account to my Facebook account, but i can't.

Can you please help me to solve this problem?

Yours sincerely,
user maxzyk.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Sounds like you may already have an existing Facebook-connected Spotify account getting in the way. Get in touch here and one of our support team will be able to help find the pesky extra account. If you get an automated response, reply back to it directly.

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Marked as solution

Sounds like you may already have an existing Facebook-connected Spotify account getting in the way. Get in touch here and one of our support team will be able to help find the pesky extra account. If you get an automated response, reply back to it directly.

Thank you Adam for your reply, I chose an "i'm getting an error code/message" from the list and then "Error 101-126" and just copied my problem from here as a question, hope i chose a correct direction to submit my request. Btw, now i see that in www.spotify.com my profile changed to my Facebook account but when i try to "manually enable facebook" there, i still got the same "Sorry there has been a temporary error, please try again later."

The option you choose doesn't really matter to be honest. They just help our support guys get a quick idea what the issue will be before reading the email itself. If you received an automated response when you submitted, make sure you've replied back to it (even if it's from a no-reply address).

Hey Adam, it's me again. I've got an email from Spotify support team and it says that "we're looking into your query and we will get back to you as soon as possible." and also they mentioned not to reply to them because I can get caught in cyber-space, but as you told me i replied in order to show them that i'm looking forward for their support. They still didn't contact me but it seems that now i can connect to my FB profile from my user, but should i wait for their response or my problem is already solved and i can fully use my account now?

It sounds like it is sorted! However, if you have anymore issues, just shout here and someone will make sure it gets looked into for you. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Thank You! 🙂

Suggested posts