Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Problem with debit card expiry date, but money taken anyway

Solved!

Problem with debit card expiry date, but money taken anyway

Hello

On November 9, I received an email from Spotify saying there was an issue with an invalid expiry date of my Debit Card, hence Spotify would be unable to renew my Premium subscription that month. There was also a request for me to edit the expiry date, with a link for me to click, which I didn't (I have done so now, today, though). I booted up my Linux client, and sure enough, I could no longer play music, due to the fact I was no longer a Premium subscriber (similarly on my ipad app).

When the email arrived I figured this was fate really, as I can no longer afford the service at present, much as I love it, so I just let the account be, figuring the subscription was dead.

Today I booted up my Spotify client and noticed that I can play music again. Curious, I checked my account settings, and I'm premium again, and that money was taken out two days later on the 11th November, and again on the 9th December. However I've not played any music at all in this period as I  assumed my subscription was dead. I had received no further communication from Spotify that they had resolved the subscription issue, and hence I'd not accessed the service at all.

Checking my expiry date in my account credentials, I see it is now 2075-01-01 (it isn't). Whether this is the previously reported 'invalid date' (I'm pretty sure I never typed this in when signing up) or whether it has been changed fraudulently by Spotify staff in order to keep my account active in the absence of communication from me I am uncertain.

I think this is tantamount to debit card fraud and insist that at the very least you assign me 36 days free of charge Premium access where you misled me to believe I was no longer receiving the Premium Spotify service, and hence not using it.

My subscription remains open to aid your investigation of the issue.

Thanks,

Ben

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there,
Welcome at the Spotify Community!

I'm sorry to hear about this issue. This really shouldn't happen. 

Could you please get in touch with Spotify so they can sort this out for you? 

Please let me know your case ID if they don't reply within 24 hours, so I can ask someone to look into it. 

You may get in touch with Spotify via their Twitter page (@SpotifyCares), or by following this link to send an e-mail.
If you send an e-mail, please check your inbox (and spam box) to check for their automatic reply. Once you get it, please reply to it immediatly (even if it's from an no-reply e-mail addres) to make sure an Spotify employee will get back to you as soon as possible.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi there,
Welcome at the Spotify Community!

I'm sorry to hear about this issue. This really shouldn't happen. 

Could you please get in touch with Spotify so they can sort this out for you? 

Please let me know your case ID if they don't reply within 24 hours, so I can ask someone to look into it. 

You may get in touch with Spotify via their Twitter page (@SpotifyCares), or by following this link to send an e-mail.
If you send an e-mail, please check your inbox (and spam box) to check for their automatic reply. Once you get it, please reply to it immediatly (even if it's from an no-reply e-mail addres) to make sure an Spotify employee will get back to you as soon as possible.

Thanks Michael, done

Suggested posts